Lobster Cowl Plug in the making Part 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21992

Well, been working on the Lobster Cowl Plug petty steady and all most done. Will be making a few final tweaks like the windshield frame impression, making it ease to cut out for the plexiglass like the front scoop, rear engine cover vents and Turbine pipe cover. Started sealing the wood and getting it ready to do the final smoothing out and then off to the bodyman for the final filler primer and more finessing and then final paint. the side Air Ram Intake covers will be added later to accommodate the custom header pipe and carb. they will faceed forward and have screens in front.

The mold hopefully is going to be made by a local fiberglass company that I've done work for before ( wrong time of the year and very busy ) and want's to look at first.

This will be my final post on the Lobster Cowl Plug Cowl till it's on the boat, in the meantime it's back to finis skinning the hull and installing the hardware,

I surely hope this has been an informative post and of some encouragement to all, building style may not be the best, but I'm old school and make due with what have on hand.

Boy where does the time go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Racing!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOWL31.jpg

WELCOWL33.jpg

WELCOWL35.jpg

WELCOWL38.jpg

WELCOWL39.jpg

WELCOWL40.jpg

WELCOWL41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats looking good, I like the profile of this cowl. The glass guy will probably make a two piece mold split down the middle so it will come out of the mold. .

Make due with what have on hand!
default_ohmy.png
Are you kidding, that's some awesome work right there, will make a sweet plug. Way KQQL.
default_cool.png

Thank you all, have been under the weather a few days but back on track, did more romansen to the plug and should be in primer soon. the looks of the plug have change a bit. I lowered the canopy about 1/4" and did the windshield frame outline, also lowered the engine cover 3/4" and this two changes makes the plug look slicker. Will post some pics next week before the glass guy looks at it and I'm hoping he can take it on quickly!!!!!!!!!!

Have a pleasant week end.

Back