Gas Scale Winston Eagle Lobster Cowl in the making

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21992

O K, here we go, first attempt failed, Try-Try Again. Started this project over the winter, after seeing ML Boat Works Laser Cut Kit. The Winston Lobster has always been my favor Unlimited Boat Hull. So I decided to build one, Then I needed the cowl, long story short could not find a good cowl so decided to build a plug and make may own. Let me get this out of the way, the first thing you will notice is the cut-outs for the exhaust and carb. Well hold on!!! after the for mould is made to fit ML hull, I will take the plug back and make a second mould and fit it with side vents with screens on the back, scale looking but not scale, WHAT!!!!! Oh well it's my boat and that the way it'll be. I love the hobby and enjoy building, would like to see the Gas Scale Class Grow. Till Later, have A good week and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOWL02.jpg

WELCOWL05.jpg

WELCOWL06.jpg

WELCOWL09.jpg

WELCOWL10.jpg

WELCOWL12.jpg

WELCOWL19.jpg

WELCOWL23.jpg

WELCOWL24.jpg

WELCOWL25.jpg

Thanks Mike, that's a hole lot of work, but well worth it and working on the engine cover now. The cowl, when done, should lay right onto the top of the hull after trimming the ledge off, and if the kit is built correctly the cowl nose bottom will fit nicely at the same angle of the hull angle front bottom plate. Let's keep in mine that all builds will slightly differ a bit, If this occurs, one can add or subtract to the plywood as needed and that's easily done ( should not take much ). Thank God I had the intuition on making patters for the side hull formers and also the top of the drivers front nose platform and used them for the side and top view drawings to make the base.

Originally this project was going to be done in four to five stages and I have to say that's work, so will be making it short and doing maybe three stages.

Combined this ones together: First stage was to be the base;

Second was gonna be the turbine tube cover;

Third was the front drivers hatch and nose piece and than the canopy, all in one stage.

O K Mike how many cowls do you want to order, PM ME IF INTERESTED!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back