Lake X record trial results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Finch

Supporting Member
IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0072.JPGBob Morton asked me to report on the IMPBA SAW Pa. Record trials. They were held Oct 3 thru 7 at Moraine state Park just North East of Pittsburgh. Wally and Roger tried to beat their cat record that is somewhere around 95 mph. I think Wally did a 96 mph pass but did not back it up. Wally, Roger, an Brian were all knocking on the door of the cat record. Awesome boats! Steve Speas and I did a team record with a 45 inch twin inline A/C mono. It just did beat the old record at 73.625 mph. I also took the s Mono electric mono record with my wildthing. Average speed was 76.923 mph. I made a good one way pass with my q mono at 83 some mph but on the return pass blew a battery. It sounded like a shotgun went off and the hatch blew up off the boat.

A good 80 something mph one way pass with the wildthing ended up with a stuff on the return pass which made the boat hit the concreted bottom of the pond. Split the boat up pretty good from the bow to one third down the boat, but it has since been repaired.

Steve Sutton brought his guitar so we took a break one day and played music. The weather was perfect at 60 to 75 degrees all day every day. It was a good time with good folks! Glad we got to meet Wally, Roger, and Brian. The cat guys! Fastest cats I have ever seen!!!!! Thanks to Bob Morton who ran the clock, retrieved boats, and did absolutely everything to make this an enjoyable event.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update John , it was great seeing you guys again appreciate the kind words , we are looking forward to the next event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back