Custom HDPE (plastic) Fuel Tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Lipgens

Vendor
Custom HDPE Fuel Tanks

Made from 1/8 or 1/16" high density polyethylene and comes with a Sullivan gas fitting. These are made to order to your specifications. All you have to do is provide basic measurements (Length x Width x Height).

For those who don't perfer the sullivan fuel fittings I can install HDPE barbed fittings. One in a lower corner for a fuel pick-up and one in a top corner for a vent. The fitting in the picture is for the large gas size fuel line, but I do have smaller ones for nitro fuel line.

No payment is due until the tank has been built, leak tested and ready to ship. I will email you pictures and my paypal address at that time. Prices are based on size and complexity.

I've sold a few on JRCBD with great results. I was told by a few guys that there might be some interest on this site.

You can PM me or email sketches/ measurements to [email protected]

Thanks for looking

Ryan Lipgens

2012-06-15 08.44.19.jpg

2012-05-22 08.15.16.jpg

2012-06-10 10.13.59.jpg

2012-06-16 08.50.26.jpg

2012-06-09 12.47.26.jpg

2012-04-28 09.25.18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Greg, lots of trial and error getting a decent finish on the seams but I'm getting there.

I'm not familiar with the term "internal header tank". Is this the same as a corner baffle? I recently made two tanks for a nitro customer one with two baffles inside and the other tank with no baffles and he said the baffles made no difference. With that said if someone wants baffles I'll put them in.

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks Glenn, I do 90% of my building on the weekends. If I get measurements by friday I can usually have it ready to ship first thing monday morning. The longest anyone has had to wait so far was two weeks and that was because I was slammed with orders.

Ryan

Guy Ryan is great to work with. I was his fisrt to make tanks for I was at his house talking about tanks when he said that he can make a tank out of this Plastic I said ok lets give it a try. So he took a look at my Whiplash that's shown in the pictures on page one & the next 2 day he had 2 tanks & a carb cover made for me. Don't wait guys get them now. Just make sure you give him the right sizes that you need.

Brian

I just got a couple for my 21 JAE ultra lite and they are very nice Ryan is realy great to work with too. No more guessing how much fuel you have left in the tank. plus he can place the hole for the sullivan pick any where you want it. Cool deal. No more broken solder seams. I'm sure he can enve make a small 1 oz surge tank too.

WELL DONE!

This is over dew!.. due~.. hell I dont know..lol Lets make it due!

Grim

Very cool , I really like the idea of being able to see the fuel in the tank and alot more durable than metal.

Well done !!!

Tim

very nice man! how are you making the internal baffle? I think this would be a must have for a JAE or any "JAE style" rigger.

Thanks for the great replies.

Rodney, When I get home from work I'll post a picture of the one tank I built with baffles. I just sectioned into 3 parts with crescent notches in the coners and a access hole through each one for the pick-up tube. I sent that tank and another tank without baffles to a customer with a JAE rigger to test for me and he said they both ran the same. The baffels didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe with a different baffle set up it could have, I don't have that answer as of yet. But the one without baffles ran well enough for him to order another one. Honestly, I really don't have alot of experience with internal tank design and welcome any new ideas to make a better tank.

Thanks

Ryan

I would like to see the tank with the baffles , the metal tanks have a small baffled area in the left corner where the fuel is picked up and if you have to turn left all the fuel won't leave that area and lean the motor out , this is what i was told , hope this helps.

I will be ordering some tanks from you very soon i need to get some measurements and i will pm them to you.

Ryan, I can tell you that my JAE style rigger isnt even running well, and without a header tank built in (or baffle tank) I cant get below half tank of fuel in the corners. Ill check out your pictures!

I would like to see the tank with the baffles , the metal tanks have a small baffled area in the left corner where the fuel is picked up and if you have to turn left all the fuel won't leave that area and lean the motor out , this is what i was told , hope this helps.

I will be ordering some tanks from you very soon i need to get some measurements and i will pm them to you.
That sounds interesting, I wound imagine the holes for the baffled area are pretty small so the fuel won't leave that area as fast. That might be why mine didn't seem to make a difference. The corner notches were small but the access holes for the pick-up tube was a decent size so you easily get brass tubing back there. I'll be home in a couple hours a post a picture.

I like the sullivan fittings, but I think these barbed fittings might work really well. One as far down in the lower left corner as you can go should pick up all the fuel in the tank.

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan, I can tell you that my JAE style rigger isnt even running well, and without a header tank built in (or baffle tank) I cant get below half tank of fuel in the corners. Ill check out your pictures!
Hopefully I can help you out.

Ryan

Ryan,

PM me your email address and I will send you a picture of the internal hopper tank that is being discussed.

Kelly.

Back