Master Paint Sheet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Schofield

It was mentioned awhile back to start a master sheet for paint codes so the same questions aren't being asked. So I started one in excel. It has the master hull#, year, U#, boat name, paint manufacturer, color, and color codes. All the data I have put in so far is based on what I have found here in the search bar. I attached what I have started before I continue if anyone can think of any tweaks. I am trying to keep it simple to the fact that someone can go to a paint store and have them mix the color they want or buy it. As long as the information is correct I think its a start. Anyway take a look and I will keep it active and see if the IMPBA can put something on their website like NAMBA's.

Looking through many of the topics when I typed in "paint codes", many people answered in pm or they received it in some other way. Anyone who wants to share a paint code for a boat that would be awesome and I will type it into the data base. PM me or leave a response on the thread. I'll give it a few days if anyone has tweaking, then I will just keep on going while I watch the Sabres games.....never much of a game anyway
default_sad.png

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Matt

*****It will not let me upload the excel file or PDF file. Stand by while I try another computer.****** Tried my laptop and no luck. I keep getting an error of no file was selected wen it try's to upload the file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newton Plan #166 Miss Budweiser T3 1995-1996

IMRON RED #29198

That's the same Red I also Use on the T5-T6

I suggested the roster and was told by a few it was a good idea but, according to someone else, such a resource would be redundant and that it wasn't needed. That said, I can give you the color names for the 2000 Elam that were used on my boat as well as the blue Imron used on the 2016 Homestreet/Miss Madison.

My 9516 2000 Elam has Coca Cola White and HOK Orange Neon NE503

The 0706 2016 Homestreet/Madison used Imron Bright Sky Blue 750465 and, before anyone questions that, I got it directly off the can in the Madison truck so I know it's the correct color

Just had a thought, this would be a good thread to have stuck to the top of the scale forum rather than requiring hunting for it later

If there is a proper list then it would be easy to find the colours instead of hoping someone will tell you!!! And if it is redundant where is the original list???? We should make things easier to find as there is a lot of knowledge that is lost because we aren't getting younger any lots of boaters with the knowledge have pasted on taking it with them. So hats off to you Matt for taking up this endeavour and I wish you well and hope you get great response.!!!

Brad

Brad, here's the post I was referring to though, to be nice to the person that posted it, I won't post his name:

seems redundant, all the paint codes shared here are already found with the forum search bar above

When that post showed up, I asked the poster how a chart would be redundant and never got an answer. If you want to look up my thread on this subject, it's still here in the sport and scale forum.

Okay, this thread got placed in the archives, from what I can tell. If you all want to keep the chart going, I think we need to check with Matt and see if he wants to handle it or if he'd rather have someone else do so, have it passed off so we can start getting color codes listed

I tried reaching out to people for paint codes. I got 0 responses.. except for a few on the thread it was on... more than happy to keep it going just need information to add.

If people want something to grow information needs to be easily found or they will grow frustrated and move on to something else... off soap box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Only scale I have, 2007 O Boy Oberto U6.

Dupont Imrom Spectramaster 5000 series.

Silver-Pewter Gray No. 321HN

Red-Spectramaster Red RS908 HNW

Green-Spectramaster GS291 HN

Image003.jpg

Matt, looks like you have some boats to add to the chart and, at this point anyway, I think we need to ask Don or Tom to sticky this to the top of the sport and scale or painting forum so others can add to it and find it easily.

2013-2016 Peters & May

Chartreuse - House of Kolor NE508 (over bright white primer)

Red - Deltron Scarlet Red DMD1677

Blue - Deltron Daytona Blue B17

Here's one I cut/paste from another thread:

1976 OLYMPIA Beer

ppg 83851.

Dupont chroma base #790br cream yellow.

DuPont # 5443. Cream yellow.

PPG Concept paint. The yellowish/mustard color is DCC #83851.

Anybody have the paint code for the 1955/56 Miss Thriftway? The cream and orange.

Emailed one of the guys on the restoration website, no reply yet.

Don Mock built one, think it was the 56 version. He may be able to help you out. He can probably be reached through the Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum since he's been involved with at least three restorations, two of them as crew chief.

Back