tuning ops 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Cat

How do you tune an OPS 90. Lean out the engine? Any advise on these engines would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have the new version or the big black square version. If you have the old one, I had one , too. It is virtually indestructible. I don't recommend using the original carb though. If you can get OS to fit, by making a brass sleeve, then you will have a smoother running engine. I did it. and my frustration, went out the window. I started out with the low speed needle the way it was out of the box, and the highspeed needle at three turns. After every 450 ml tank, I would lean the high speed needle out about 2 or 3 clicks. I repeated this until I was to about 1.8 turns from closing the needle. That was about 6 years ago. It still runs and I have only changed the bearings once. That is another point. If I were you, I would recommend that you have someone with experience do that job, or you will end up with needle bearings all over the floor.

Good luck, Hammer

Back