AA45 conversions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a Rossi 45OB would have the same bore and stroke and rod length.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a Rossi 45OB would have the same bore and stroke and rod length.
The Bore and Stroke and rod length of the AA 45 is the same as the MAC 45. Different than the Rossi 45...unless Rossi made a change to their engine that I am not aware of.

AA45 is a AXE Rossi built eng and it is not front intake.

Don't see how you could make a out board from one.

The Rossi out board is a whole different case and crank setup.

The only common parts for the AA45 and the Rossi 45 engines are the connecting rods and wrist pins, and of course bearings.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just arrived back home in the USA.

Al Hobbs

can you convert one of those over to an outboard easy thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you would be very close to making an AA45 into outboard, by just using a Rossi 45 outboard and shimming or cutting the ports to match the AA45 or Mac45 durations. Though the bore and stroke aren't the same, I bet they are very close. But why go through all that trouble when you can just buy a Novarossi 45 OB?? Are you just trying to find a place to utilize your AA45??

I run kmb's and they're starting to get old and tired so I'm just looking for options and the wife keeps me on a very strict budget

I run kmb's and they're starting to get old and tired so I'm just looking for options and the wife keeps me on a very strict budget
I would bet finding one of the old upside down CMB Outboard conversion brackets would be most cost effective on that end, if youre looking at the AA45.

I will say the Novarossi is for sure an out the box setup. No need for any additional parts or conversions. In the long run I would suspect it to be most cost effective and easiest setup to maintain. It would be a direct bolt on to your current setup

Back