Identify this boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was given a similar boat from a friend to refurbish. Weighs more then my Scale.
That seems to be a characteristic of Dumas sport and scale boats, they are almost always very heavy. My first Dumas sport 20 Pak weighed in at over 8 pounds when built per the directions while a redesigned version I built a few years back weighs just barely 5, ready to run. Just guessing on this but I'd bet it's due to the filler/sealant needed on the porous 3/32 mahogany ply and no lightening holes anywhere in the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a 20 size Drag n fli. I have built several over the years. In fact I have just completed another one this past winter. I tried to keep the tail light but still need 6 oz in the nose to properly balance it. Total weight should be around 5 lbs

I have found that the stock after-plane non-trip make the boat easier to blow over in the turn. I modified the angle slightly, which also help to lighten the tail.

Drag n fli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back