SpeedWeek 2018

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, SpeedWeek 2018 is tentatively scheduled for February 3-12 at the awesome Blue Lake in Valdosta GA. We will be set up for both 1/16 mile SAW and 1/3 mile ovals. Calm water rule will be in effect for the boats that need it. You guys know that I brag pretty heavy on Blue Lake because it is just a beautiful place to go fast with model boats and just hang out and maybe even watch really big bass swimming around in the clear water! It is not as long as the other record trial ponds (it is about 1500'...good for speeds in the 110-115 mph range tops), but the setup we have for ovals is the best! The drivers stand actually hangs out over the water and makes you feel like you are right there on the course with your boat! I only use balloons for bouys so you never have to worry about hitting one and hurting your boat...it makes driving a reall tight course much more comfortable!

I need to ask for some help...each year I end up losing several hundred dollars on the cost of hosting it and I'm not sure how much longer I can afford that. If some of you guys would like to help sponsor the event I will be happy to mention your name, hang banners, etc!!

Entry fee this year is going to have to be $60 for the entire 9 day event. If I get some goowd sponsorship then I may be able to reduce the entry fees.

2018 IMPBA membership cards will be required and checked.

I will occasionally post pics and videos of past events just to get you guys jazzed up!!

Thanks guys!!

GQ

IMG_0047.JPG

AWESOME site and GREAT people - may have to ride up next year and visit for a day or two.

See if I can break my record of 3hrs from Tampa without a ticket
default_rolleyes.gif

This is a wonderful event that Glenn does by himself. The costs associated with this goes beyond the time and effort he puts in. If possible, please donate whatever you can to help defray his expenditures. The fact that he is more than willing to do this is a blessing for all of us that participate and the hobby itself. RC Boating Today will be sponsoring this event as well. I am looking forward to seeing everyone lakeside. Jeff

Thanks Jeff!!! I'm glad to have RC Boating Today on board with me!

Yes this event cost me $800 to host last year plus the 3 weeks of time plus all the prep time before I leave home. I love doing the event and don't mind spending the time, but it's hard keep losing money.

GQ

Just as a reminder, SpeedWeek is scheduled for February 3-11!

Here is a pic of my lovely bride Donna after she set the sport .12 hydro oval record. Check out the nice water in the background!

GQ

IMG_0681.JPG

Besides great water and pit area Valdosta has reasonable lodging and good restaurants within a short drive from the lake witch is conveniently located right on the freeway (I-75). Lake is at exit 13 and hotels at exits 16 & 18.

Mic

Friends, SpeedWeek 2018 is tentatively scheduled for February 3-12 at the awesome Blue Lake in Valdosta GA. We will be set up for both 1/16 mile SAW and 1/3 mile ovals. Calm water rule will be in effect for the boats that need it. You guys know that I brag pretty heavy on Blue Lake because it is just a beautiful place to go fast with model boats and just hang out and maybe even watch really big bass swimming around in the clear water! It is not as long as the other record trial ponds (it is about 1500'...good for speeds in the 110-115 mph range tops), but the setup we have for ovals is the best! The drivers stand actually hangs out over the water and makes you feel like you are right there on the course with your boat! I only use balloons for bouys so you never have to worry about hitting one and hurting your boat...it makes driving a reall tight course much more comfortable!

I need to ask for some help...each year I end up losing several hundred dollars on the cost of hosting it and I'm not sure how much longer I can afford that. If some of you guys would like to help sponsor the event I will be happy to mention your name, hang banners, etc!!

Entry fee this year is going to have to be $60 for the entire 9 day event. If I get some goowd sponsorship then I may be able to reduce the entry fees.

2018 IMPBA membership cards will be required and checked.

I will occasionally post pics and videos of past events just to get you guys jazzed up!!

Thanks guys!!

GQ
Hey Glenn I would like to come run this event. I have a few questions. First I have namba not impba. Do I need to pay for a full impba membership or do they have a one event like namba? And second I can't make it till Saturday the 10th. Will we be able to run on Sunday the 11th as well?

Thanks

Justin

Hey Justin, it will be great to have you join us!! Yes IMPBA has a one event membership, but in order to set a record you have to have a full membership. Yes we plan on Sunday the 11th being a full day of running!

Give me a call if you have any questions!

GQ

Back