Too windy to spray paint. Suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

I do not have a spay booth and have to spray paint in the back yard. Those of you who do the same, do you have any tricks that would allow you to spray on a windy day? Or do you just wait for a calm day?

Thanks,

kez

I usually just wait til the evening, winds usually calm down some here. All though I have tried spraying in between gusts, didn't work out so well.

Good luck,

John

I have used a canopy from walmart and used a tarp around it .or you can just make something and rap it with plastic.that should work.

What I did several years ago was build a frame out of PVC pipe that I can take apart/assemble when needed and I hang clear shower curtains on it to enclose it. Just drill holes near the bottom of the legs for stakes and I put grommets in the bottom corners of the shower curtains to bungee them in place so they don't blow around.

weather.com hourly forecast usually tells wind speed....ended up pulling everything in the garage, drop cloth over everything
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back