Nimih receiver battery charging question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Can I charge a 4.8 volt 400mah nimih receiver pack with a Futaba Tx/Rx wall charger? The charge rate is 100 mah. I have a BUNCH of these chargers, but ive never tried to charge a Nimih pack with one... some say you can, some say you cant.....Many Thanks, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
default_smile.png

Yes , but that is one WIMPY battery pack ! 400 ma ?? You really should be using something better than that Bill at least 800 - 1100 IMHO and even then on a .21 with small servos , hopefully not your scale ! Personally I'm all 6 V now .

Yeah, butbutbutbut
default_smile.png
all I ever used in my 20 hydro and my Sport 20 hydro was the 4.8 volt 250 mah Futaba flat packs....never had a problem, but apparently they are not made anymore...I cant seem to find a lipo that will fit in these boats, as a standard sized pack just wont fit in em........!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Place sells the LiFe packs that are the right fit and are only about 18 bucks , very light . you need a different charger thoguh which I'm sure you have from all your other electric stuff . Look in the manufacturers section or I have his phone number for you . Call me drumstick !
default_laugh.png

Try www.PowerEdgeRC.com, bill. I have a 800mah 2s 7.4volt 20c lipo pack i use from them. 1" wide, 1/2" thick, 2 1/2" long. Can't imagine a .21 size box that won't fit in.

Daniel Place sells the LiFe packs that are the right fit and are only about 18 bucks , very light . you need a different charger thoguh which I'm sure you have from all your other electric stuff . Look in the manufacturers section or I have his phone number for you . Call me drumstick !
default_laugh.png
Daniel has some really good battery packs. I use them in all my boat no failures.

Daniel Place 1350 Lifes at 6.6 is all my family uses and have for several years. Fast turn around and a quality pack at a fair price.

Back