D-3 sport 40's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking about building a sport 40. How many are running in d-3?
Hey Justin,

We are trying to build the class back up here in D-3 but seems to be an uphill battle

Like at the Brandon's March race I think there were 6 entered.

one never made it for the first heat.

a second boat pulled after round one.

So, of the remaining 4 boats, 2 are owned by me and the 3rd was built by me.

The 4th was Raul Rodriguez, he has his own boat and is committed to trying to build the class.

The upcoming Melbourne race, the 3 entered thus far are all owned by me

Raul is supposed to enter soon, that will make 4

Ron Byrd has a boat, but doesn't really have the time or want to refurbishing it.

It probably won't be this year, but my new racing partner Eli will have his own sport-40

So the quick answer would have been, there are still a few in the district, we just need to get them off the shelves and to the races,,,, and they need to make most of the races, not just a couple of them

If you decide to build one and need any help getting going I'm more that happy to help out.

Hey Justin,

We are trying to build the class back up here in D-3 but seems to be an uphill battle

The 4th was Raul Rodriguez, he has his own boat and is committed to trying to build the class.

Ron Byrd has a boat, but doesn't really have the time or want to refurbishing it.

It probably won't be this year, but my new racing partner Eli will have his own sport-40

So the quick answer would have been, there are still a few in the district, we just need to get them off the shelves and to the races,,,, and they need to make most of the races, not just a couple of them

If you decide to build one and need any help getting going I'm more that happy to help out.
Awesome that's exactly what I was wanting to know. I'm in the process of finishing my 40 rigger and I'm pretty set on a sport 40 after that is done. Looking at either a whip or Phil's new stealth

Hey Justin,

Awesome that's exactly what I was wanting to know. I'm in the process of finishing my 40 rigger and I'm pretty set on a sport 40 after that is done. Looking at either a whip or Phil's new stealth
PT all the way,,,

I can show you a couple of bottom changes for the Thomas that make a difference

The ML380GSX is a good option in Sport 40 also. If I had to do it all over again I would get a ML Sport 40 over the PT.

Rick it's a bummer there aren't that many Sport 40 boats out your way. It's such a fun class.

Im building one for a friend to race...Im building it to the rules. Just have been wanting someone to race her.

My own design... care to guess??
default_ph34r.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the coin at the time when Don sold his , I would have done it. I still have an old aeromarine- but it wouldnt be real competitive , if I ever decide to return I wouldnt mind owning one.

Have you run that thing yet Julian- sure is a pretty build
default_cool.png

If I had the coin at the time when Don sold his , I would have done it. I still have an old aeromarine- but it wouldnt be real competitive , if I ever decide to return I wouldnt mind owning one.

Have you run that thing yet Julian- sure is a pretty build
default_cool.png

YUP..................

all credit where credit is due Dave, you did a sweet job on that boat. Have you guys run it yet ???

Glad to hear your getting your arms around the big motor also
default_cool.png

all credit where credit is due Dave, you did a sweet job on that boat. Have you guys run it yet ???

Glad to hear your getting your arms around the big motor also
default_cool.png
it ran really really good after we found out the problem it had it showed lots of potential. still needs more setup and break in as well.

Back