cutting the course.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisShepherd

Supporting Member
I have recently gotten back into boat racin after not racing for over 10 years. I was at a race in south georgia and during a race I was in, it was just me and the other boat left racing and his boat was ahead of mine almost a lap when he finished. At that time he turned his boat going backwards down the straight away, while I'm still finishing my final lap. Then he turns and pulls his boat to the dock.

Like I said I'm getting back into the sport and no one really seemed to care about what he had done. I didn't argue it but when I raced years ago you couldn't.cut.the.course unless the race announcer said soo and ONLY then you will be the last boat running. Anyone know the official rule.

Depends on the CD and who's out there driving. Could've been best friends and said nothing.

That or the CD wasn't paying any attention at all.

Not supposed to cut the course if another boat is running, to dangerous for both boats. CD should have D Q'ed that boat if he was not told to do so.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

I knew I shoulda said something but it was only.my 2nd race back and really just didn't want to.cause an argument and waste time between heats. Thanks tho everyone. Next time it happens if it does ill set em straight

Good thing John Knight wasn't there, he would have set them straight
default_smile.png

Also I didn't think cutting the course allows anyone to drive backwards either,so that would be 2 infractions.

The driver that is given permission to cut the course he/she still abides by the rules and brings it in safely. Permission to cut the course doesn't give the driver the right of way, the boat/s finishing the race does.
Tim

I knew I shoulda said something but it was only.my 2nd race back and really just didn't want to.cause an argument and waste time between heats. Thanks tho everyone. Next time it happens if it does ill set em straight

Chris, I probably would have done the same thing, not trying to "rock the boat", but I would have been asking questions right after recovering your boat. I have to agree with Tim, that should have been a DQ twice over

Yep, what Walt & Tim said. But not all CD's do it and even fewer are wiling to make the call.

Tim - you trying to get me in trouble again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

It's my fault for not for saying anything but since the other boat was an regular "Electric" driver the electrics go to the infield but they are suppose to stop and wait for the last boat to finish?? At least that's how they have been doing it with the electrics since they started. I agree all gas boats are required to follow the course yielding to the finishing racers and even a cut bouy during this period still counts as a cut bouy for the heat..

Later!!

Pat

I nailed a well known boater for cutting a bouy after he was done. He was passed but others had not finished. Cd is the lawman lol

We are WAY past the point FE boats having to or wanting to cut to the inside of the course when done..

Grim

We are WAY past the point FE boats having to or wanting to cut to the inside of the course when done..

Grim
That is not always true. The larger S and T class boats can suck down 80% in 7 laps (one mill and 6 race laps) and another full lap can pull the packs to the point of internal damage. The larger FE riggers have it the toughest with space limitations often dictating pack size. My T (10S) rigger always gets parked in the infield upon completion of lap 6 and sits until the CD says it's ok to come in.
default_smile.png

Grim
That is not always true. The larger S and T class boats can suck down 80% in 7 laps (one mill and 6 race laps) and another full lap can pull the packs to the point of internal damage. The larger FE riggers have it the toughest with space limitations often dictating pack size. My T (10S) rigger always gets parked in the infield upon completion of lap 6 and sits until the CD says it's ok to come in.
default_smile.png
And that being the case, there is a right and a wrong way to get to the infield. I can only assume you get there the right way

Don.. then slow them down.. cant do that can we...lol

Truth is I suspect that as long as you did not pass the start line coming in it would be liget..

I would not allow it at a race I CD.. but that's just me (Insert Kermit sipping tea pic here)

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with crossing the finish line and pulling into the infield. No rule broken in doing so. It's regularly done at FE races.

understand.. as long AS they do not pass back over the start line.. no issue.. the tricky parts "can" come in when you are mixing power types.. pulling into the infield needs to be clearly addressed in the drivers meeting. (I bet we all get that) so no issue..

grim

Guys,

I'm all with you on the FE aspect!! But this incident happened more than one time at the same event during a GAS MONO heats!! That seriously does make a difference.. Your electrics can stop and go Gas stops you have to go get it remember??

Later!!

Pat

Latest posts

Back