The gas engine blues

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtisHelmke

Morning everyone,

Well, it is morning around here at least. I've run into an engine problem new to me and need some help if there is any. My Dad and I were running some boats yesterday checking them out for the race next weekend in Georgia. Most of them ran well and are ready to race but one of them is not. It is an Aquacraft V24 One Design boat he got for Christmas a few years back. It's in good condition and has probably less than two hours of run time. As I was driving it yesterday I foolishly commented on how well it was running. At which point it stopped in the middle of the pond. We managed to get it back to shore and noticed the plug had fallen out. Once it cooled off a bit I was going to put it back in and realized part of the head cracked and then broke. I can get the plug back it but it is leaking compression and simply won't run. It's a Fuji engine and now needs a new cylinder assembly. A phone call to Hobbico revealed that of course the boat is no longer made and even better, Fuji engines are no longer made and there are no part for them. They told me that the Zenoah G26 is a drop in replacement and offered to sell me one for $350. We don't run this boat as often as several others and didn't expect to win with it next weekend but we planned to just have some fun. So the question is, does anyone have a Fuji 24cc BT marine engine they would sell, or a cylinder assembly for it? Or is there a Zenoah G26 available, new or used,that we could get? We have a good bit of money tied up on this boat and want to keep it going but don't want to just throw $$ at a problem hoping it will fix. I'd rather go with a Zenoah (did I spell that correctly??) as I suspect there is a good reason Fuji is gone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Rick H.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. A lot of times motors run best right before they let go.

If I were you I would contact gizmo. And get a 26 tiger king. Which is also a drop in. I believe they are $165 and much better quality then zenoah. And parta are readily available.

Also check with BH Hanson. Don't forget to get an engine mount tith throttle bracket and a shaft coupler whether collet or square drive.

Rick,

You might have more luck posting this in the "For Sale" area and make the headline WTB Fuji Cylinder Head.

John

Back