Jaguar III twin build pictorial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Bob Ferguson of Jaguar Hydros fame asked me to do one of my pictorial build up threads of my new Jag III twin going together. Since I haven't done a build thread in a while I told him I'd be glad to so here it is. Clicking on the plus "+" sign next to the words "file name" should put them in proper sequence. B)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1089

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the Carbon fiber tubes for the cooling and fuel lines :D Nice job.
Very Cool Don! Forgive my ignorance on twins, what is the purpose of the dual receivers? Redundant systems? Are they used in parallel? How do they work?

Like the Carbon fiber tubes for the cooling and fuel lines :D Nice job.
Very Cool Don! Forgive my ignorance on twins, what is the purpose of the dual receivers? Redundant systems? Are they used in parallel? How do they work?
The dual receivers are set up independently of one another, each RX has it's own switch and battery pack. One RX controls the steering and one controls the throttles. The idea is to up the odds of control if there is a failure as the chances of losing both together are far more remote than losing a single RX. You can either steer it until you run out of fuel or if steering is lost hopefully shut it down before you hit anything. The speed, weight and sheer power of a twin makes a runaway a very scary thought.

Thanks Don! Can one set up FASST receivers to work like this as well?

Don, did you special order the "FROG" tape just for the build???? Talk about going Green all the way!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don, did you special order the "FROG" tape just for the build???? Talk about going Green all the way!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It is a green version of the popular easy release blue painters tape and yes it is actually called Frog Tape, made by Shurtape. The reason I bought it is the pencil marking lines show up way better on light green as opposed to blue. Anything that helps make it easier to see those fine little pencil lines is a big plus these days and I know you can relate to that. :p
nice hull what is a twin rigger going for
Danny the twin kits start at $750.00. Here's a link to Bob's website- http://jaguarhydros.webs.com/

Keep the pics coming !!! Now ...how about some pics of the REAL workbench !!!! I don't know you keep everything so clean and orderly .....unless pics are staged . :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see it finished . :)

Don,

Thanks for posting build pictures. Looks great!

Are counter-rotating props/engines needed or helpful in a twin?

Thanks.

Keep the pics coming !!! Now ...how about some pics of the REAL workbench !!!! I don't know you keep everything so clean and orderly .....unless pics are staged . :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see it finished . :)
He build so fast Foley, there's no time for a mess to build up :p

Nice looking work ( as usual) Don,

Decided on color yet ????

Andy

Don,

Thanks.
No counter rotation needed. :)

Yes, it would absolutely help in a twin. If you can find the right & left hand 1667s, clockwise and counterclockwise flexshafts, collets, crankshafts threaded both ways, etc. Nobody supports the above around here.

Don,

Thanks.
No counter rotation needed. :)

Yes, it would absolutely help in a twin. If you can find the right & left hand 1667s, clockwise and counterclockwise flexshafts, collets, crankshafts threaded both ways, etc. Nobody supports the above around here.
AWESOME BIG DADDY DON someone call the fuel truck to Mechanicsville :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back