*** 2014 Atlanta Spring Nationals = April 12th & 13th (SAVE THE DATE) ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

The Atlanta Model Boaters will host the IMPBA Spring Nationals on April 12th and 13th, 2014. I know some of you have to put in for vacation time well in advance so we wanted to go ahead and get the date out there.

Entries will be taken via www.RCRacingEvents.com and we will begin accepting entries after the Winter Nats in FL wrap up.

If you have never been to Atlanta we have a great facility with concrete launch dock, permanent 2-story drivers stand, etc... Rick Bellinger, Doug Smock, and Norman Morton will be helping me with the event again this year and we hope to make it one to remember!

More info to come!

Thanks,
Lamar Huff
President
Atlanta Model Boaters

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait Lamar. We are hoping for the following offerings in the tunnel classes. Thanks.

B Sport Tunnel

B Tunnel

D Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Gas Tunnel

Maybe Mod VP Tunnel????

Thanks again...
default_biggrin.png

Sam,

We are going to open up the entries toward the middle of next week. Once they open up there really is no way to know... Sometimes we fill up really fast, and sometimes it drags out a bit. Last year the race was well attended and we received very postive feedback, so hopefully the 2014 event will turn out to be a big one!

Hope you can make it!

Thanks,

Lamar

Ron,

We are still finalizing the class list... We usually offer around 21-22 different classes.

Thanks,

Lamar

Hey Gang,

Now that RCRacingEvents.com is back up and running we plan to begin accepting entries Monday the 27th.

Thanks,

Lamar

Hey Gang,

We are open for business!!!

If you plan on racing in the event please plan to enter EARLY... This is a two day event so the number of heats we can complete is non-negotiable. Once the available slots are SOLD OUT... they are SOLD OUT! I will not be adding any additional heats to the line-up.

This race is first come, first served. If a class sells out FAST, we will rob a heat from one of the slower selling classes and open up an additional heat of the faster selling class. No bias here... a paid entry fee is a paid entry fee.

Can you believe this is the 10th anniversary of the TWIN SHOOTOUT??? It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Rick Bellinger will be handling the trophy and raffle sponsors again for me this year. Look for more information to come from him on that issue very soon.

Last year was a BLAST and we hope to make the 2014 event even BETTER! Thanks again for your support and we look forward to hosting the 2014 Spring Nationals!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Hey Gang,[/size] [/size]

We are open for business!!![/size] [/size]

If you plan on racing in the event please plan to enter EARLY... This is a two day event so the number of heats we can complete is non-negotiable. Once the available slots are [/size]SOLD OUT[/size]... they are [/size]SOLD OUT[/size]! I will not be adding any additional heats to the line-up.[/size] [/size]

This race is first come, first served. If a class sells out [/size]FAST[/size], we will rob a heat from one of the slower selling classes and open up an additional heat of the faster selling class. No bias here... a paid entry fee is a paid entry fee. [/size] [/size]

Can you believe this is the 10th anniversary of the TWIN SHOOTOUT??? It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Rick Bellinger will be handling the trophy and raffle sponsors again for me this year. Look for more information to come from him on that issue very soon.[/size] [/size]

Last year was a BLAST and we hope to make the 2014 event even BETTER! Thanks again for your support and we look forward to hosting the [/size]2014 Spring Nationals[/size]![/size] [/size]

Lamar Huff[/size]

President[/size]

Atlanta Model Boaters[/size]
It is with heavy heart and discomfort that after many years of continuous attendance to the Spring Nats, I must say I might not be able to attend. In April Watts Bar Electric Power Nuclear Station (my home base) will be in the middle of it's 12th refuel outage. There is probably 15 percent chance to attend. Never say Never.
Truthfully yours,

PISTON1

Trying to see when I get vacation for the year. I hope I can make it.

Is there no 1/8th scale or is it just worded differently.

Blasie: The Twin LSG Riggers are not part of the Twin Shootout (it is a Nitro ONLY special event). We went with historical data when chosing which classes to offer (classes that have been well attended in the past). If the classes currently posted do not sell out relatively soon we will be moving heats around and offering up some additional classes.

Jose: I am sorry to hear you may not be able to attend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Samuel: 60 Scale is the same as 1/8 Scale... I hope you are able to secure the time off so you can come and play with us!

Thanks,

Lamar

Schindlers & Rocky have entered. What is the hot hotel to book?
Jeff,

Joe Warren posted this last year and I 100% agree with him. The area noth of the pond towards the Airport can be a bit rough around the edges if you know what I mean...

"We have had Our Best Experience In a New Area of Town... On I-85 Exit # 61 this about 3 exits south of the lake off I-85. You can be back to the lake in about 10 minutes.... You have several New Motels and Hotels. Country Inn suites,Hampton Inn,Holiday Inn,Sleep Inn, Wingate by Wyndham. THIS IS FAIRBURN GA Area.... You also have Gas, Diesel, Propane, Waffle House, Cracker Barrrel, Chick fil A, Mcdonalds, Taco`s.... If you Travel East from this Exit #61 there are several more Nice Places to eat & Grocery stores going out towards Peachtree Georiga. Steak Houses, Pizza places, Mexican food, If you decide to travel to Peach Tree area That is another New up Coming Area with a Ton of New Eating Places........ Remember : FAIRBURN GA Exit #61 Off I85 all just south of the lake"

Thanks,

Lamar

Gents,

I just opened up another heat of F-HYDRO... Like I said before, I will rob heats from slower selling classes to make room for those classes where people are trying to get in.

Thanks,

Lamar

COME ON NITRO GUY's...let's make this one of the big NITRO event's that you do not want to miss. If you have been there you know what you are missing,good water,fast boat's. If you have not been there well you do not know what you are missing. JMO

We stayed at the Country Inns&Suits in Fairburn last year,real nice place to stay

Ph.no. 678-782-4900

Latest posts

Back