Don Ferrette

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Don,

Please post a few pic's of your gas rigger. I would be interested in seeing it and knowing what makes it go.

Thank You,

Paul

Ok guys I'll tell you this much so far. Yes my gasser runs real well, it's fast & is quite comfortable running on the buoys. I still need to finalize the cowl design (the one on it is temporary & honestly it's just plain ugly) so I'm hesitant to post any pics just yet but I will tell you that it will be available in kit form later in the year. I'm taking it to the Gas Nats in a couple weeks so I'll get to see how it measures up. If I can get the cowl done before I leave I'll post some pics. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things got my attention at last weekends race.

1. Don's gas rigger

2. The Orange Seaducer cat

Both were badass!

Looks like somebody has been doing some homework...

Kentley

Ok guys I'll tell you this much so far. Yes my gasser runs real well, it's fast & is quite comfortable running on the buoys. I still need to finalize the cowl design (the one on it is temporary & honestly it's just plain ugly) so I'm hesitant to post any pics just yet...
For a price, I'll keep my set of pics of it offline too. ;)

Seems to me that the cowl is the most critical part of the gas rigger, keeping the water out of the carb is always a challenge. I have spent 5 times as much time on the cowl as it took to build the rest of the boat.

mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that the cowl is the most critical part of the gas rigger, keeping the water out of the carb is always a challenge. I have spent 5 times as much time on the cowl as it took to build the rest of the boat.mb
Also, Cowl design gets really difficult when it has to be Functional, Aerodynamic, AND Pass the Don Ferrette "No Ugly Cowl" Test!

Seems to me that the cowl is the most critical part of the gas rigger, keeping the water out of the carb is always a challenge. I have spent 5 times as much time on the cowl as it took to build the rest of the boat.mb
Also, Cowl design gets really difficult when it has to be Functional, Aerodynamic, AND Pass the Don Ferrette "No Ugly Cowl" Test!
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got the design for the cowl to work well & keep water out, now it just needs to look good. :)

WOW, Wonder what I could get for video of it running heats. :ph34r: :ph34r: Very fast and stable. Ray ;) ;)
Ray you could probally get Don going if in ya posted that video. Don's boat was very stable, could hang on the bouy's and had good speed. The boat actually seemed to accelerate thru the apex of the corners. The boat looks similar to a Roadrunner design, but the cowl looks as Earl would say BUTT UGLY especially for being on a Ferrette boat!

WOW, Wonder what I could get for video of it running heats. :ph34r: :ph34r: Very fast and stable. Ray ;) ;)
Ray you could probally get Don going if in ya posted that video. Don's boat was very stable, could hang on the bouy's and had good speed. The boat actually seemed to accelerate thru the apex of the corners. The boat looks similar to a Roadrunner design, but the cowl looks as Earl would say BUTT UGLY especially for being on a Ferrette boat!

If Don says it's not ready that's good enough for me, besides I still have to make a copy and send it to him. Great shot of stunt riggers in action. I should win the Pulitzer Price for catching that shot. :eek: :eek: :eek: Ray

If Don says it's not ready that's good enough for me, besides I still have to make a copy and send it to him. Great shot of stunt riggers in action. I should win the Pulitzer Price for catching that shot. :eek: :eek: :eek: Ray
Ray you definitely need to find a way to post that Stunt on the Web dude! It was AWESOME!

Ray you definitely need to find a way to post that Stunt on the Web dude! It was AWESOME!
Don't want to sound like the commercial but, I'm working on it. :p Ray

Back