There's a new angel in heaven, her name is Bobbie Robson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronratoff

With the heaviest heart I am writing to let all friends of RC Boat Racing know that after a short battle with Lou Gherig disease a lady boat racer who loved to race her pink tunnel boat and pink Thunderboat has succumb to the disease and died. Bobbie Robson raced for over 15 years with her husband Fred Robson. Fred seemed to always have the most fun when Bobbie did well. She was many time District 3 Woman Racer of the Year and was a fixture at just about every NAMBA District 3 race across Florida through 2013. But Bobbie did so much more. She was a District 3 Mother. If someone got hurt, she was there to help. If she felt you might be hungry, she was delivering hot dogs or burgers and a friendly greeting while reminding you to eat. And, if it was one of those races where we had extreme heat, well Bobbie and Fred's trailer instantly became home for the overheated. Plenty of shade and plenty of super cold air for anyone in need.

But those who knew Bobbie close, knew there was more to this beautiful lady. Fred and Bobbie almost made 50 years together. They used to go fishing together any chance they had, and then Fred discovered RC boat racing. Followed quickly by Bobbie! Bobbie was hooked. She loved racing her RC boats more than anything else. It wasn't just playing with the boats, that was just a small part of it. Really it was where all her friends gathered and socialized. That was what she loved. Dinners at a steak house or Olive Garden Friday and Saturday nights, or an afternoon or evening barbecue.

When Bobbie started getting ill, Fred told me the hardest part for her was the effort needed by her to go to see her friends at the races. She couldn't miss seeing everyone. As the disease progressed RC racing was the key to keeping her going. She was looking forward to going to the next District 3 race coming to Melbourne, Florida in September. But in the end the terrible disease took her life. But the memories of all the good times together, that will never die. So there's one more angel in heaven, and I'm sure she's looking down on all of us, especially when we are all together racing our toy boats.

God Bless You Bobbie, You are loved and will always be missed.

Ron Ratoff
Mary Hellwig

Bobbie was always the light of every race, always there with a smile and helpful to my wife in racing. But when Bobbie got on that driver stand it was all business. She will be missed big time miss the talks on the phone and get togethers rest in peace Bobbie you will be missed

Our most deepest condolences; our thoughts and prayers are with Fred and his family.

The Edge Family.

thanks everyone especially ron n mary for the beautiful post shes looking down watching everyone really appreciate all your support me n dad are gonna keep her tradition going.

DADS GONNA DROP A LITTLE ASHES AT ALL RACE SITES LIKE SHE WANTED.HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE IN MELBOURNE.AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR SUPPORT N PRAYERS

Fred , so sorry to hear this , your wife was a beautiful lady that always seemed to be having fun at the races . She is resting in peace now . My sincere condolences I will miss her .

Sad news! Condolences from the Halbrehder family to Fred and Robson family. Bobbie will be missed but her spirit will live on with any of us who knew her. She made the world a better place.

Mic

Mark and I send you our sincerest condolences Fred. You know that we loved Bobbie more than anything and always looked forward to being with you guys at the races. You and Bobbie were instrumental in getting us started in the sport which we will never forget. I know that Bobbie is in heaven with our Lord and Savior and that she is in a better place. We will miss her tremendously. God bless you Fred, Perry and Mark

Sorry for your loss,it hurts to lose a member of our racing family. Perhaps a perpetual trophy of her favorite class is in order

As I type this Fred,I,m crying. I,m so sorry for your loss,I don,t know what else to say.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Fred, Bobbie was a wonderful person, she will be missed by many.

Georganna and Andy

Fred so sorry to hear of your loss, SHE WILL BE MISSED. She was a beautiful lady. So glad I got to see her at the Broward Race. GOD BLESS

WE WERE HOPING TO HAVE A BMOD TUNNEL TROPHY AT MELBOURNE IN HER NAME N WED LIKE TO HAND IT TO THE WINNER IF THIS IS POSSIBL PLZ LET US KNOW.

MIKE WAS JUST TOLD TROPHY IN HER HONOR IS TAKEN CARE OF FOR MELBOURNE RACE THX FOR ALL SUPPORT N TO ROBERT PICKARD N MELBOURNE CLUB FOR ALL

Fred, We send our sincerest condolences. Bobby was one of the great ladies of r/c boating. We will all miss her.

Andy, Donna & John

Fred;

My deepest and sincere condolences for your lose. I always enjoyed talking and racing with you and Bobbie. My family and I will keep you in our prayers.

Bill Hoch

Sorry to hear this sad news, I loved seeing both of you at the races. Take care of yourself Fred, sorry for your loss. Doc

Back