Coleman vs Crown

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Brown

I was at Walmart this morning looking for Coleman fuel. I was informed that they will no longer be carrying Coleman fuel but the Crown brand they now stock was the same thing. Its also cheeper. Has anybody used Crown fuel? Is it really the same?

I was at Walmart this morning looking for Coleman fuel. I was informed that they will no longer be carrying Coleman fuel but the Crown brand they now stock was the same thing. Its also cheeper. Has anybody used Crown fuel? Is it really the same?
Do you have farm and fleet stores I found Coleman there,, some on Jims BD have told that the Crown doesn't run the same, we know the Coleman works.

If it's the same Crown that Mikey drinks, it will mess you up.
Them purple bags come in handy too.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png

I would not waste a drop of Crown on a boat. It mixes well with Sprite or coke,and wont hurt your diaphragm

I found Coleman fuel at Menard's, $2.00 a gallon cheaper than Wal-mart.

It's no big whoop for me as we've got a new Menard's about 3/4-mile closer than Wal-mart. I found it in the camping gear area right behind the cash registers.

I always ran Klotz two stroke racing fuel. It has four gallons of alcohol free 108 octane gasoline with one gallon of Cozoc (not sure of the spelling) oxidizer. It will pass all fuel tests and give you about 2000rpm more than premium racing gas .

This is what i use Klotz fuel and there oil can't go wrong $110.00 Canadian that is $87.00 US for 5 gal. so that is $17.00 a gal

Well guess what -- I saw first hand ( in Don Mahers gas rigger ) a test of the Crown virus the Colman

First he ran the Colman , with out changing anything but fuel he ran the Crowrn , if anything I swear it ran better RPM --- wishful thinking , maybe

Well it was good enough for me , I'm going to try it if I can find it , have not seen it in any store yet

Just as we see from this thread, there are reports of good and bad for the Crown fuel.

Given that it's cheaper than Coleman and as a camp fuel, all it has to do is burn, perhaps their quality control is lacking from batch to batch. If it's really consistent like Coleman, why would there be such different results as a boat fuel?

Crown did not work for me at all. Very dirty burn lots of fuel delivery issues, I will not use it again for boats but it did kill a pile of weeds

Guys,

In the test that I did with Crown & Coleman, the fuel was filtered before being mixed, just something I do always when mixing fuel, gas or nitro!

Both where mixed at the same time and with same oil at the same rate. I have gotten dirty Coleman, pump gas, nitro and alky so I always filter!

In the back to back test to be sure there was no mixing of the two, I first drained the tanks of Coleman and then ran the motor till the carb was dry. Then fill with the Crown and ran. Honestly I could not tell any difference what so ever! The big difference is PRICE!!! Crown was just a little over half of Colman.

Don

All due respect Ray, and I see your point. We are all free to run whatever fuel and equipment we care to.

I have heard the line for years, about "why would you trust your expensive boat to this or that cheap equipment?" I DO understand the logic, but when we get right down to it, many pieces of our vital control systems over these boats, are very small metal or plastic, and each only cost lose change. And yet we all trust them to keep our boats safe. So for instance; if we are using a $40 radio, or a $400 radio, we are still trusting dirt cheap components to answer the call.

I just find that argument a little funny.

Back