• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

OS 21XM Mk1 parts needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Nightingale

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some OS parts for my 21XM, took it out today and made bearing soup.

I'm in need of a piston, rod, liner, rear bearing and head. If anyone has them they'd like to sell me, it'd be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

A

37597143_10211897309294867_2418999403005083648_n.jpg

37678320_10211897311214915_2386526783072632832_n.jpg

It's been a while since I've seen one this bad too, the rear bearing has totally disintegrated, there's flats on just about every ball. I'm to blame really, this engine has been sat for years and only started again last week, should've replaced the bearings first...

I change my piston and liners every year in all of my outboards and I have some that look like new I can give you. Are they parts not available?

I've got a decent head you can have. Find a VSpec rod or a rod from an air cooled motor for your engine. If you can find a good used piston and liner(not scratched up or worn totally out) you can send it to RayR Racing and have it squeezed and it will be good as new (If not better). You may already know this..All the parts you need can be used from a V2 motor (Except maybe the head & It may work as well).

Head from V2 can be used as well. Recomend the conrod from V2

If you want a liner with slightly higher timing you should look for a p/l for the older RX-R engines, they fit 100%, and are being sold cheap as f.

Check this out: https://xm2store.com/os-engines-abc-cylinder-piston-assy-21rx-r-p/

(Everything is interchangeable between the RX and XM engines)

Also recomend OS 21D carb for better performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'd be interested in both the head and piston/liners, if you guys could let me know what you'd like for them.

Being in the UK it's difficult getting spares, most are either out of stock or 'shadow stock'. Plus if I can pick it up cheaper elsewhere then obviously a win

Thanks guys, I'd be interested in both the head and piston/liners, if you guys could let me know what you'd like for them.

Being in the UK it's difficult getting spares, most are either out of stock or 'shadow stock'. Plus if I can pick it up cheaper elsewhere then obviously a win
I would definitely buy the RX-R liner - https://xm2store.com/os-engines-abc-cylinder-piston-assy-21rx-r-p/

And continue searching for aircooled head for either RX-R (23804000) or RX-B (23804010) the RX-M head (23841000) could also be found cheap on ebay or similar auctions

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look at the RXR liner, thanks for that, however the postage from Australia brings it to the price of a new XM set here in the UK!

Latest posts

Back