Cmb 90 head clearance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normlee

Any suggestions to the head clearance for this Gold Head 90 and 60% please? I would like to run the higher % so only buying one lot of fuel.

20170413_062053.jpg

Wow 12 tho is tight on 60%, in 09 ran my CMB 90 GH at 18 tho on 50%. OMHO Even the pics in Aussie land are upside down.
default_laugh.png
Joke

Looks like a new engine Norm ..

Is that a twin craft mono??

Cant really say correctly do you know the cc bowl volume?If you want use 60% then

Maybe start at 0.14" - 0.15"clearance at 11.75" pipe for the mono..Keep it rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi norm,i had a purple head evo .90 and it's head cc is .89 and shimmed a .11. i ran it on 55%nitro 16% oil and it is a rocket!! do not let anyone tell you need MORE Clearance.it has to do with trapped CR,head CC and a bunch more! set it at .12 and be done with it. start out a little rich and check the plug!! nice caramel color and you are set..good luck.

Thanks fellas, I need to get a syringe today and check the head volumes, I have a few different heads so may find the right size. What do you guys measure head volume in CC or Cui?

Thanks!

It is a twincraft 46", also have a new 30" I am hoping to finish soon. I like the old school monos over the Seaducer style that everyone has. If a Twincraft B mono ever came up would be awesome to complete the collection.

20170413_191942.jpg

20150823_201519.jpg

Thanks fellas, I need to get a syringe today and check the head volumes, I have a few different heads so may find the right size. What do you guys measure head volume in CC or Cui?

Thanks!

It is a twincraft 46", also have a new 30" I am hoping to finish soon. I like the old school monos over the Seaducer style that everyone has. If a Twincraft B mono ever came up would be awesome to complete the collection.
i too like the old school mono's. i have a Sightler 44" with a .91 VAC & a Macs 13cc pipe.runs great and turns on a dime.i think there is still a picture on steve woods website..

The head that came with this engine is close to .7 in volume. What clearance is suggested please or should I get it opened up?

Thanks

I think I have that same colour orange, It looks great on your twin craft!! I like the old style too, habe a Muck and a Microburst plus AC Lazer 45 that is going to be powered with an OPS 90.

Brad

The head that came with this engine is close to .7 in volume. What clearance is suggested please or should I get it opened up?

Thanks
norm, if your going to run high nitro,i would open it some otherwise compr will be quite a bit higher than i'd like. i ran .89 in my head. on my purple head evo.mike.

Latest posts

Back