2014 OB Tunnel Masters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The 2014 OB Tunnel Masters, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, May 2-4th, 2014, is now open for entering on rcracingevents. Please make sure you carefully review the race details and information before you enter. The deadline to enter is April 20th. The mandatory payment deadline is also April 20th unless you make some advance arrangements with me. Failure to pay by that date will mean you will be dropped from the race.

If time and opportunity allows us, we may have some fastest lap competition for the 20, 40 and up and the FE classes. Not sure if P, P Limited or Q will be the FE class but we can decide that later. But time and weather may dictate if it happens or not.

If a boat builder chooses to donate a boat hull for the raffle, contact me via e mail [email protected] before entering and your race fees can be waived. The same applies for a engine supplier.

The past few years the economy has been poor that the attendance at the race was down. The 2013 race picked up well and we hope that the 2014 race will see over 200 boats entered again. There is a 20/B OB Kneeler and a 20/B OB Hydro class that was added several years ago as well. In the past, if a boat has an OB on it, we try and run the class.

John i'am entered but how do you edit ?i'am in p tunnel that I don't want to be in.

You guys that have FE tunnels, do not overlook the Open FE Tunnel class. There are a bunch of entries in the FE classes but only 2 in the Open FE class. Last year the class was dropped due to the lack of entries. If that happens again this year, it will gone for the future races. P, Q or P Limited boats can enter in the class. Please consider it to keep the class running.

John, since I'm planning on attending this year and hopefully plan on bringing my newly redone gas tunnel, what are the specific rules governing F1 Gas tunnel under IMPBA. Is there a motor size limit or anything our of the ordinary that I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

They are called Atwells...... too early for smacktalk huh? Never too early...... it sure is quiet out there, Orlando in the rearview mirror, back to pitmen holding up more than one finger, and all boats are legal at a start, still haven't found the page where you are right on the money.

Come to the Brandon race in March, d3 is a good SpringNats tuneup, or whatever you are preparing for.

Guys and Gals,

The 2014 Tunnel Masters race is quickly coming upon us. The entry deadline AND payment deadline is April 20th. If you have not made payment to me by the deadline, your entry will be dropped on April 21st. No grace period shall be given. Payment details and address are contained on rcracingevents under the event details. Please refer to post #1 for more information.

OB Hydro, FE Q Tunnel and Open FE tunnel classes are currently short of the required 5 entries to race the class. Most puzzling is the Open FE class with only 3 entered. There are 20 entries among the P Tunnel and the P Limited Tunnel classes. Surely there are some guys that will run their P boats in the Open FE class. The past 2 years we have barely had enough to offer the class and now with the short number again entered for this race, it may not appear in future races.

If you need to get in touch with me, send an e mail to me at [email protected]

If someone wants to pay postage i can send my Q tunnel (vision 40) over to run, I will need it there in November anyway
default_smile.png

I could , then give it to someone to take to Florida , maybe Otto . Would have to ask

I can take it back to FL after the race. {Or whatever is left
default_blink.png
) Jay or I would be happy to run the boat if Shane doesn't, but glad we will have another boat in the class. Anything you all need just ask.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
You have your own to run/race Mic
default_wink.png

I was also thinking the box of parts (if I am even that lucky) might be it with Shane haha

Shane, do you have 6s lipos?

Actually I am hoping Shawn finishes a new hull for me to run. Jay is running a new one in D and an older one in Open. I have a couple 6S-5000ma Dinogys (2 lap record batteries) but I don't think you can make a heat with them and run an aggressive prop or larger than a 1515 motor.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Find out how much It will be to ship to Charlestown . I don't have 6 s batteries

Latest posts

Back