Converting a Traxx N-V into a speedy **** boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pond Player

OK so I was was keeping the trax .15 motor and put on a rear drive shaft .187 with a 220 prop...now I need to take the clutch out and make it direct drive but I don't know how, or should I leave it how it is? and just test and if I think it needs DD how would I go about hooking that up??? will post pics of all the help from here!

Nick

You can get a 5mm collet from Octura but I don't know if they have one off hand that will connect to a hard shaft. Gotta see if I can find my catalog. If you want to go a little further, put on a tuned pipe! Use the header from a Traxxas truck as it has a 90 degree bend and is also bent upwards for clearance over the radio box. Dump some weight by using a grooved flywheel and starting belt and removing the onboard starter and the return to shore system.

ok so far, I got the whole outdrive ready to go

I just need to figure out what to do with the clutch...if anything at all???

also slef starting is off to a pull start.....and where can I pick up these things to make it direct drive?

this was my first boat a few years back.............put a Mac .21 tuned pipe on it...... octura x440 prop......hpi lightened flywheel..........i kept the clutch as i couldnt find a collet that would work.......i used a pull start but a belt will work if you can find the right flywheel.......gut the boat like Ron says and get a pocket fisherman ;D........10mph gain and the boat launches on plane.

Sounds good...are there any links to places that sell these...at my lhs they take 4 weeks just for a prop to come and and they don't know much if anything about boats....so links or phone numbers sound great! I just have to figure our what to take off...and I am thinking a steel shaft would would work with a joint in it to conect it to the other...do you know if the clutch will spin that prather 220??

horizon hobby has the mac pipe (sorry...it was the .15 pipe, not .21), hpi flywheel, traxxas pull start, header......the rest you have to get from Octura..prop, prop shaft adapter

OCTURA MODELS INC

7351 HAMLIN AVE. IL

847-674-7351

www.horizonhobby.com

Back