Speedmaster vs Seaducer 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are both set up with good hardware that the mfg. recomends, the c/g in the correct spot, and trimmed to run properly, they are a very close race. I have a speedmaster to run this season, but I've run the seaducer before. the speedmaster was easier to trim out, a few adjustment during the first tank of fuel and ready to race, fast and stable on some rough water. the seaducer took a little more work to get it up to speed, and had some habits that I never could break it of, but still a very fast boat. either would be a good choice, flip a coin.

Mike Byer

Still waiting for my Speedmaster to show up, it should be here Monday as it was shipped last Tuesday. Brian Watts e-mailed me some pix Thursday night of one in Florida that they ran trim tabs on but I will go to those as a last resort. Let's see, the Speedmaster is about $100.00 cheaper than the 'ducer which was one reason why I bought one. Maybe it will force other hull makers to drop their prices also (yeah, I know, fat chance). I also won't have to find a place to mount a periscope! ;D If anyone wants the pix, send me a private message with your e-mail address.

Whats the scoop with all the bad jokes about Seaducers. From what I've seen that is the hull to beat. So first you have to beat it, all this talk about this hull, this, that hull, that. All smoke, you still have to drive the boat. If you think a new Speedmaster Hull is the the way to the winners circle, I've got some stuff on Ebay you would be intrested in. Jerry and his dad have gotten their Seaducer line of boats to some outragious speeds for a toy boat let alone a full size one. If I could setup my boats as well as Jerry and have the same proformance, and could drive as well then I would win as many heats as I have seen him do. Lets not even talk about SAW records. You know what, we'll see, and next year the same folks will be raving about the next XYZ to come along. Whats that saying " Shut up and Drive" ?

Blaise,

Ya took those comments way outta context there, I am a HUGE fan of Seaducers for me they are the hull to beat, But that said they have a nose under problem if the CG is not perfect, check out the vids here on the mainpage and there are plenty at Jim's R/C also. Commonly refered to as Stuffing the hull, usually happins if the hull starts hopping ,two hops and under goes the nose. Anyone who pushes a Ducer to the max knows this and it is accepted as a small price to pay for the performance ya get from this hull.

Blaise, Are you going to come and race with us in a couple weeks? should be a good turn out and it looks like several new boats are going together. bring your stuff and come on over, it's a nice place and a good bunch of guys.

Mike Byer

Oh yah!!!!! This is the longest my son and I have been out of the water since moving up here to Raleigh. Florida spoiled us with that year round racing. I sent Chris Ward our entry for the april 7th race. Just need directions to the pond. We're planning on coming out saturday the 6th to tune and set up some new hulls. I hope you have some 40 hydro action, enough to get a class racing. See you then, Blaise

OOOOH! The big Brown Truck just showed up at my door with the Speedmaster! The instruction booklet looks better than most I've seen lately. Too bad that I'm on the 3-11 shift this weekor I would be down in the dungeon thrashing on it now!

Blaise, this is a fun site and most of us in here are freezing our tails off in the north so about all we can do is bench race and do our version of the Chevy vs. Ford thing until the ponds thaw. That's what makes thimgs fun!

Who makes the Speedmaster hull ? Can you guys give me the magic number I can order one from ;D Thanks

see Ron, I told you it would be worth the wait. Every 20 mono racer in our club that has seen mine test has ordered one. looks like there will be a lot of 20 t/craft and seaducers on ebay or thru the band saw. You can get one from Bill McGraw at www.rossisales.com. Do what the inst. say and use the speedmaster hdw. and you can't miss, by much.

Mike Byer

I've got the Speedmaster hardware that I stripped off of the Aeromarine Titan 21 hull. Read the instructions at work tonight and I want to make the radio box removable but need to know how far forward of the transom to mount it. By the way, the Titan is for sale now if anyone is interested. It's the one in the avatar on the left. Anyone interested, e-mail me or leave a private message and I'll give you the specifics.

Ron, here's the way I do that. some stuff can only go in 1 place, like the strut and rudder, mount them. load all the stuff into the hull that will go along for the ride, motor and mount, tube and shaft with the prop, the tanks and the tank mount, radio box with all the stuff in it. what I mean is you can move most of that stuff around, and you must load the boat up like it will run to get a proper balance point. with everything in you can scoot the engine and the radio box around until you get the balance right. my c/g is at 9 5/8" from the transom with no fuel. You must get the balance right with the weight of the parts that you must have or the only other choice is to add lead when it's done. I don't mean to insult your smarts, but I've seen more bad handleing boats because everything was put in a convient place rather than where they were supose to go. In my opinion the faster you go the move the c/g must be moved forward to fight the areo lift, or something like that.

Mike

Now we have to watch out for the SD-3 hull that is now coming out! Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of the Seaducers and their records and race results speak for the boat. The Speedmaster is a different looking hull and it's an either love it or hate it look like some of the new cars and trucks that come out.

Back