battery packs for rx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

What are you guys using these days for the smaller boats say 21 riggers that are small, light and last well.Thanks Terry

Terry the packs Mic put up is what I use in all my 21's, bigger packs I use Daniels Place, never a problem

In 21 and smaller, I use what Mic put up and/or the 800s that Daniel sells. Just FYI, the ones Daniel sells are also rated at 5C continuous (and 10C burst).

In 45 and larger boats we use the 1100 mah, 10C Lifesource batteries.

Have you got a contact or website for Dan?
Joe,

What packs are you looking for ?

I have LiFe packs. The 1300 flat receiver and 1800 cube receiver packs are in stock. 1300's are 3 for $48 shipped and the 1800 cubes are 3 for $68 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i have a question about the short balance plugs.i do not take my radio box cover off to charge my batts(still run ni-mh and charge thru the 3 way switch wire) and most of my batts packs are mounted far away from my access hole/plug. how are you guys doing it?? do they make an extension card for balance plug?/ thanks,mike.

hi, i have a question about the short balance plugs.i do not take my radio box cover off to charge my batts(still run ni-mh and charge thru the 3 way switch wire) and most of my batts packs are mounted far away from my access hole/plug. how are you guys doing it?? do they make an extension card for balance plug?/ thanks,mike.
Yes they do.

2S JST-XH extension cables are readily available. I usually have them. Sent one out yesterday.

I can tell you that lithium packs will not tolerate a damp radio box. If they are dry as a bone maybe but usually want to take the packs out and charge in a safe location and store in a dry location.

You absolutely should be removing the pack for this but to each his own I don't want to tell you how to treat your things better than that but you probably should.

Always best to use a balance extension cable when charging anyhow so you are not putting wear and tear on the charger or balance board jacks plugging and unplugging all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they do.

2S JST-XH extension cables are readily available. I usually have them. Sent one out yesterday.

I can tell you that lithium packs will not tolerate a damp radio box. If they are dry as a bone maybe but usually want to take the packs out and charge in a safe location and store in a dry location.

You absolutely should be removing the pack for this but to each his own I don't want to tell you how to treat your things better than that but you probably should.

Always best to use a balance extension cable when charging anyhow so you are not putting wear and tear on the charger or balance board jacks plugging and unplugging all the time.
thank you very much for the reply. i have only used lithium batts in r/c cars and starter boxes.i think i will stick to the ni-mh,they have worked for me for many many years.thanks again,mike.

Latest posts

Back