E-City time trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go Blaise. Let me know if you have any questions. To Pre-Register just send me an email with the classes you will be running and your contact information.

May 6 - 9 RECORD TRIAL 15-032 RT ELIZABETH CITY, NC Old Dominion Model Boat Association Timed event for 1/16 mile SAW.

TIME: Event starts when timing equipment is operational. Fun Junktion Park Pond, 983 Simpson Ditch Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909

CLASSES: All IMPBA legal classes.

Pre-Registration is required. $25 entry fee.

NOTE: Witching Hour Rules at 4 PM -- Only drivers whose boats have been within 5% of the record during the event, or that current record holder will be allowed to run on the short list. Round Robin list will be used.

Contestants are responsible for all paperwork and postage fees.

CD: Kentley Porter (757) 642-1000 email: [email protected] Assistant CD: Ron Shaw (919) 697-1129 email: [email protected]

Boaters,

Just wondering if any records are falling again in E.City?

They usually have some very fast water over there.

Let us know how it is going?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

One record is being applied for. N Catamaran.

The guys wrapped it up because the weather was not cooperating.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Doug indicated, we didn't have the best weather with the wind. However, I was able to make some good passes with my very small cat that only measures 21"!

A special thanks goes out to Kentley Porter (Course Director) and Ron Shaw (Assistant Course Director) who always host a great event!

Also, a special thanks goes out to Jeff Wholt of rcraceboat.com who makes the best wire drives and specialized struts! Despite some fairly aggressive bends in several applications, I've yet to break any of his wire drives which is a true testament to his quality control and attention to detail.

Unofficial Results: Avg for 2 passes 3.162 seconds = 71.157 MPH

• Hull: Highly-modified one-off. I am engaging with a manufacturer who may make production models available in the future.
  • Length: 21"!!!
  • ESC: MGM Compro
  • Motor: Gugler-Modified
  • Cells: 2s2p Giant Power - Max Performance
  • Prop: ABC
  • Radio: Futaba
Video Link: Note that these were not the record passes, but the speed seen on this video is within a few thousandths. After some more adjustments, I also made a pass the next day in 10-12 MPH cross-wind at 2.943 secs = 76.975 MPH. In the interest of not wrecking this small model, I decided it would be best to wait until another day/event with smoother water. Be sure to view in high quality since the boat is so small.
laugh.gif
Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tANvZEKj0

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back