How many modelers have built the John Starks electric o/b tunnel hull ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all version # 1 of this hull the plans where offered in the Jan 1992 Radio control boat modeler magazine i built one for myself using Johns belt reduction o/b powered by Astro 05 cobalt motor i built a 2nd boat for Jim Jewell which was powered by a Astro 25 cobalt motor using direct drive which he raced in Chicago and Toronto several years later plans for version # 2 where available for purchase directley from John i built 1 of these powered by speed 700 motor then converted to a AQ 1800 kv b/l on 4s 4years ago i re-painted the boat and it has been sitting on the shelf which i plan to put back together later this winter. Out of curiosity has anyone else built one of these tunnel's ? Regards Andris Golts.

I built one back then. I enlarged the plans I believe by 10% to run a nitro K&B 3.5 outboard. Never raced it because I think the rules back then said no steps were allowed on the bottom. Had fun with it. Still have plans. Kris Flynn in Australia built one also.

tunnel.jpg

yep, built one 'back in the day'...was a good fun boat with 6 cells and 700 motor haha

Never built one, but beat old John Starks all the time with my ultra light hotshot. No one could touch me in 12 cell stock outboard. Had to use tabbed end bell motors.

Back