digital servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always check the specs for the servo, there are many options these days including "hi volt" that will go to 7.4V. Also be sure to use a stout battery pack with digitals as they tend to draw more current than analogs. I would recommend no less than 2000mah NiMH or LiFE packs when using digital servos.

I have heard or read that digital are supposed to have the torque through the whole range of movement while the analog only developes it's max torque at the end of the throw.

Brad

I have heard or read that digital are supposed to have the torque through the whole range of movement while the analog only developes it's max torque at the end of the throw.

Brad
Correct, they have as much holding power in neutral as at full end point which is why the stout battery requirement.

Also make sure you are on correct setting I messed up and put mine on hrs and fried a brand new set. Just check servo setting and your radio.. expensive lesson..paid my tuition lol

Also make sure you are on correct setting I messed up and put mine on hrs and fried a brand new set. Just check servo setting and your radio.. expensive lesson..paid my tuition lol
HRS will ruin Analogue servo's. When you run HRS both servo's would need to be digital.

If you ruined them on HRS then they weren't digital.

You can't hurt a digital in either PPM or HRS.

HRS is what you want to run with digitals.

HRS will ruin Analogue servo's. When you run HRS both servo's would need to be digital.

If you ruined them on HRS then they weren't digital.

You can't hurt a digital in either PPM or HRS.

HRS is what you want to run with digitals.
Yup cost me 65 bucks for the lesson..lol

Some digital servos need to be operated at below 5V and some can be used above.. What ever you do make sure you follow that.. for what its worth I use 1100 to 1300mah in my boats and they ALL have digital servos.. when you switch. you will not go back.. you will love em..

Grim

Some digital servos need to be operated at below 5V and some can be used above.. What ever you do make sure you follow that.. for what its worth I use 1100 to 1300mah in my boats and they ALL have digital servos.. when you switch. you will not go back.. you will love em..

Grim
Hey Man... What Mini/Micro are you using of the digital variety? Thinking 21/45 throttle and 3rd channel applications.

Grim
Hey Man... What Mini/Micro are you using of the digital variety? Thinking 21/45 throttle and 3rd channel applications.
Not digital but these have served me well for many, many years:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXH291&P=3

Grim
Not digital but these have served me well for many, many years:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXH291&P=3
I recommend the digital version of that same servo.

The most important lesson I've learned when using digital is to make sure that your endpoints of travel are exact. Digital servos will continue to move against things like throttle stops etc. and can easily burn themselves out. Rudder and mixture aren't too much of an issue, but it's something to look out for when setting them up and using the boat each time.

Marty

Back