STOLEN RC Boat Race Trailer/Boats - Ken Haines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Many of you may know Ken Haines. Well, it turns out he was on his way to the Michigan Cup this week and last night, his beautiful, and fully filled up, race-trailer was stolen.

Please be on the lookout for his boats/trailer showing up on the secondary market. Truly a devastating loss if this stuff isn't found.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/164517566-video

Kens_Trailer.jpg

Kens_Trailer_002.jpg

Kens_Trailer_003.jpg

Facebook link to pics of stolen boats-

https://www.facebook.com/ken.haines.90/media_set?set=a.10207204325014226.1073741832.1466332363&type=3

Last edited by a moderator:
Man i cant belive this happend again.....yhat is a whole lot of stuff in there....i really hope they find the lowlifes who toke this trailer and charges them with grand theft lookks to be over ten grand in just the boats and radios alone.....i hope all that nice stuff is still in there and found safely.....man i cant imagine all that stuff being stolen like that.....i hate to hear this happing but really people dont relize all the time and hard work people put in to these boats for some low life to come steal them .....really what r people going to do with them....does tailer have a gps on it.....i think haveing a gps or location device is something that would be great to have on a trailer like this or maybe even molded in to some of the boats.......god i really hope u find all those nice toy boats again or most of them......

James

I had 4 boats stolen out of the back of my truck (in a locked camper shell) at a motel 6 in 2001... Some time later one was found on eBay. It was recovered, but the others were never seen again. My loss was much smaller, but no less devastating. Three were scratch built. I built two sport 21 boats which my son and I raced one month later...no way I could go through that again. I feel for you Ken.

Wow. This is a very unfortunate situation. Seems to be happening more and more. We are looking into adding GPS tracking on our trailers to help guard against theft. One we are considering is:

http://gpsandtrack.com/trailer-track-gps/

There are several other options on the market now and in light of this most recent theft, all of us may want to consider some type of tracking option for our gear. Looking over the pics Ken has posted about his trailer, there was probable upwards of $40-50k of gear in that trailer, let alone his time and sweat over the years in building, setup, and testing. Spending $100-300 for tracking should definitely be a consideration for all of us.

Where did this happen in Florida or further north on his way to Michigan? This is terrible catch them then hang them

Being from the Detroit area it makes me sick to hear about things like this happening to visitors to the area. This statement won't change anything, "But I am sorry to hear about your loss". My son and I traveled around a lot to races with a trailer as well. We would double lock everything to the truck with hardened chains and try to back the trailer into and area so that it was blocked in. Being that there is no full proof way to lock it up you are at the mercy of every thieve in the night. Racing in big city areas like Detroit and other crime infested area like it around the country kept me awake half the night worrying about our stuff being stolen. Your trailer is a real beauty and probably caught the eye of some low lives that followed you to the motel. We have had other stuff stolen around this area and it seems to always show up online or at the local hobby shops. I will definitely keep and eye out for your equipment. There is just too much really nice stuff for it not to show up. JB

I just got this for my car, works great and could be hidden in a trailer:

http://www.blacklinetracking.com/solutions/dart/

I got hardened chains locked to the car and an alarm on the trailer but even then I won't sleep at night unless I bring my boats in.

Sorry to hear...
default_sad.png

Ken, very sorry to hear about this happening to you...it makes me sick when I hear of something like this!! I do work for a well known Trailer parts, sales and service company that sees lots of trailers from alot of different states and I passed this story along with pics to the owner to watch out for this trailer. Might be a shot in the dark, but you never know...

-Kent

Where did this happen in Florida or further north on his way to Michigan?
TRAILER STOLEN WHILE WE SLEPT AT THE

EMBASSY SUITES IN ROMULUS, MICHIGAN.

That's what Ken Posted...
Very sorry to hear about this. Such a selfish and heartless thing to do to someone else. I'm curious if Embassy Suites would have video surveillance footage of their parking area's?

I called the Romulus PD with possible info on the thief this morning hoping the info I received will produce good results for Ken! I got this info 3rd hand so I am not the one who he contacted about selling boats.

Facebook posting by Terry Calkins trying to sell boats, possibly lives in Jackson MI

Stolen trailer.jpg

theif.jpg

Just spoke with Todd Fluery.

Apparently the trailer was found abandoned, door locks still intact. It's on it's way to the Detroit impound yard.

Back