RX / TX batter tester?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
emp-EOS8SENT3_small.jpg
I use one of these. They also check LiFe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry,

Are you looking to test TX & RX packs? If so I use the Futaba BR2000, now replaced by the BR3000, my BR2000 iscapable of load tests of 1.0A, 2.0A & 3.0A and voltages of 4.8V, 6.0V & 7.2V. The new BR3000 may have more.

Thanks, John

Terry,

I called Tower and they changed the BR3000 - no load test. You might try to pick up a BR2000 on EBAY, I bought one for a friend last year in Hobart - like new for $25.00.

Thanks, John

Unless your still using NiCad or NiMh, I personally don't see the point in load testing (for RX/TX applications). The newer Lipo's and LiFe's voltage numbers are much less impacted by a load when compaired to the NiCad and NiMh cells. Especially in a low load conditions like RX/TX.

If you are still using "round cells" you might want to find a unit that John suggested. If you can't find one of the Futaba units, I have a load tester NIB. Problem is the unit I have is much larger in size when compaired to the Futaba.

Later,

Ball

Unless your still using NiCad or NiMh, I personally don't see the point in load testing (for RX/TX applications). The newer Lipo's and LiFe's voltage numbers are much less impacted by a load when compaired to the NiCad and NiMh cells. Especially in a low load conditions like RX/TX.

If you are still using "round cells" you might want to find a unit that John suggested. If you can't find one of the Futaba units, I have a load tester NIB. Problem is the unit I have is much larger in size when compaired to the Futaba.

Later,

Ball

Yup, and yup!

A buddy has this one, but it's discontinued:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/airplanes/airplane-field-equipment/electronics/v-300-led-voltmeter-exra502

We have a charger that tells us the Mah each charge puts in. Is there a tester that will give you the remaining Mah? When the packs are cycled the amount discharged and charged are both shown. Would be nice to know this info. By the way we use 6.0 volt NiMH packs.

Hitec used to make one. I belive it was a 1A or 2A load tester. Its been a while since I used it. Been running lipo for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back