Futaba USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

Up late and watching some videos. I stumble across Futaba USA's Facebook live video show casing their new home in Alabama. Looks very nice, employees appear motivated and excited about the future of Futaba's RC division. What came across as funny is that the entire and I mean ENTIRE staff, the total number of employees responsible for repairs is ONE. Not that it is crazy unusual but before the advent of the internet I would have thought there would be a team of employees needed for this task. I am in no way ragging on Futaba. Most likely there was only one person doing repairs prior. It just seemed strange to watch the video showing this huge building with separate divisions under one roof and one lone guy repairing everything. There is also one guy answering phones for tech support. Hey I love my Futaba radios and will continue to use them. I have a small fortune in receivers and radios and have never had an issue but it is no wonder why the guy in the video keeps thanking everyone for their patience because they are back logged with repairs. One guy can only do so much.

Thanks for a great product Futaba and continued success.

Jeff

I've been trying to get a ratcht plate for a 4GRS tx for 2 months. A few days ago Adam at futaba told me few more weeks. Not all inventory in yet. UGH.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yep right here in Huntsville! They have been here for a long time even sponsored one of our International Regattas in Jackson, TN! Good to have the RC division back here.

With modern electronics I'd imagine most repairs consist of replacing old parts with new. It simply isn't cost effective to repair consumer electronic parts and the circuit boards are so small you're not going to be soldering on new components.

The problem with radio gear isn't the changing of parts. The real issues are making sure the transmitter is on frequency, within it's legal power limits and that the receiver can read the signal. This means tuning everything to nominal settings AFTER the parts are changed. Now, if you're changing a part that doesn't affect the unit's ability to send/receive, it's not a big deal. On the other hand, an antenna change on a transmitter can be in issue if the replacement has a different SWR(yes, I know, that's CB jargon but it is still applicable to all transmitting units) than the antenna being replaced. In theory, you would think the antennas would be identical but you can never tell without the proper test gear.

Yes they are opened for business and receiving more product and parts every single day. I have always had good luck with Futaba.

juts received the new Tower Hobbies catalog (first one in a long time), they have extensive listings for Futaba (as they have always)............
Same here, Talk and Speedmart. I was surprised.
default_ohmy.png

The problem with radio gear isn't the changing of parts. The real issues are making sure the transmitter is on frequency, within it's legal power limits and that the receiver can read the signal. This means tuning everything to nominal settings AFTER the parts are changed. Now, if you're changing a part that doesn't affect the unit's ability to send/receive, it's not a big deal. On the other hand, an antenna change on a transmitter can be in issue if the replacement has a different SWR(yes, I know, that's CB jargon but it is still applicable to all transmitting units) than the antenna being replaced. In theory, you would think the antennas would be identical but you can never tell without the proper test gear.
That's why all my transmitters, receivers that I use during the season and bum servos all get sent back to get checked out. Usually costs around $100 but the piece of mind is worth it to me. Better than destroying a $2000 boat or worse, tearing somebody else's stuff up. If you do have a piece that's unrepairable they will usually sell you a new replacement at about half price.

That was true of 75MHZ equipment, the new 2.4 stuff is a totally different animal.

That was true of 75MHZ equipment, the new 2.4 stuff is a totally different animal.
Not really. Even though the 2.4 stuff frequency hops, it still needs to be tuned so that it's centered on the band. If it's off, it could cause issues with ether things that operate on 2.4

Not really. Even though the 2.4 stuff frequency hops, it still needs to be tuned so that it's centered on the band. If it's off, it could cause issues with ether things that operate on 2.4
Bet you can't give me an example .Futaba once had a zero guid issue and a heat issue, but no radio I know of has had any tuning issues. Frequency hopping radios work amazingly well, DSM2 not so much, but seems to be a reflecting off the water null issue. There is nothing to tune inside the trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my 4PK super back from them, The throttle trigger would make the servo jump around,they replaced it an also recalibrated the radio.

an sent it back in 4 weeks ... for 42.50.. not bad , they told me , they had 400 repairs to make before getting to my stuff.

For 1 service tech , that dam good...

Back