***Voodoo Model Boat Club Presents The 2016 Gas World Championships***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickhartdegen

The Voodoo Model Boat Club proudly presents the 8th Annual Voodoo Gas World Championships being held in Reserve, Louisiana on Nov. 18th thru 20th 2016. This race has become one of the most competitive events around and brings with it some of the fastest boats and greatest drivers in this hobby. Get those racing calendars marked now for this race and plan to come down and enjoy some Southern Hospitality for a weekend of awesome boat racing. Race site has plenty of pit space and parking for large trailers and motor homes with low voltage hook ups and water. A food vendor will be onsite for lunch each day with a full menu. Saturday night party with live music and some fine Louisiana inspired cuisine cooked fresh at the lake for only $10 a person. This race will be an IMPBA sanctioned event and will offer LSG 27 and Open classes for each hull type as well as several specialty classes. Open classes may include gas, nitro, or electric propulsion. Interest in any other classes not listed please let us know and we will add it if there are enough entries to make that class. Drivers meeting held each day at 8:30am. All classes will follow current IMPBA rules with exception of using 30 second mill time after all boats have made 1 complete lap. Half coarse milling will be allowed after completing a full mill lap. Lane choices will become committed once passing buoy 6 on final mill lap and this will be strictly enforced. Shoot out heat racing format will be used with only the first round predetermined by computer. Racers will have to race other competitors with similar finishing positions of their previous round in their next round and not by cumulative points. Only the top 6 boats of each class will compete in round 5. Total points for 5 rounds of racing will determine final finishing positions. Awards will be given for 1st thru 3rd place for classes with 8 or more boats. We will have a zero tolerance policy for arguing with calls made by the CD or with other competitors anywhere in pit area. Violators will immediately receive a DQ for that heat. Repeat offenders will be suspended from any further racing.
Race entries taken on: www.racemastersevents.com
Entry fee: $25 for first boat entered and $10 for each additional boat
Pay by Mail: Voodoo Model Boat Club 1905 34th St. Kenner 70065
Pay by PayPal: [email protected]
Mail in payments must be received no later than Nov.4th or entry will be cancelled
Racing Itinerary:
Open Water: Wednesday Nov. 16th & 17th
Friday Nov. 18th: Stock Mono, Thunderboat, Jersey Skiff, Crackerbox, Open Offshore, P Mono, D Hydro, Mono Marathon Qualifier
Saturday Nov. 19th: LSG 27 Mono, Cat, Sport Hydro, & Rigger, Twin Hydro, Mono Marathon Final
Sunday Nov. 20th: Open Mono, Cat, Sport Hydro, & Rigger
Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2016 Gas World Championships
If you are looking to put the spotlight on your company or race team then this is the opportunity for the spotlight you have been looking for. The exposure you receive for being a sponsor is money well spent on advertising that will highlight your company or brand on race trophies, T-shirts which are worn all over the country, and will appear on several publicly viewed websites.
Anyone interesting in sponsoring must do so no later than 11/4/2016 to be assured sponsors name appears on race trophies and T-Shirts.
We have several sponsorship opportunities available:
Race Sponsor - $400.00 Largest headline on race T-shirts and P/A announced throughout the weekend. Company/Brand banner displayed as main driver stand headliner.
Associate sponsor - $200.00 (each): Medium headline on T-shirts listed under the race sponsor and P/A announced throughout the weekend. Company/Brand banner displayed throughout the race site.
Class Sponsor- $125.00 (each): Listed on race T-shirts as a class sponsor and on that class trophy.
Raffle Donations- (Raffle Donations do not have to be RC Boat Related) Name P/A advertised during raffle presentation.
Race Sponsor:
Associate Sponsor:
Classes Sponsors:
Stock Mono-
Thunderboat-
Crackerbox-
Jersey Skiff-
Offshore-
Mono Team Marathon-
Twin Rigger-
G27 Mono-
G27 Cat-
G27 Sport Hydro-
G27 Rigger-
Open Mono-
Open Cat-
Open Sport Hydro-
Open Rigger-
P Mono-
D Hydro-

Raffle Donations:
Make Payments and send Raffle Prizes to:
Voodoo Model Boat Club
1905 34th St.
Kenner, LA 70065
Please make checks out to VooDoo Model Boat Club or PayPal- [email protected]
Thanks for everyone's support
Hotel Info:
Best Western Inn (Host Hotel $80 a night)
4289 Main St.
La Place, LA 70068
985-651-4000
Quality Inn
3900 Highway 51 (Exit 209 from I-10)
Laplace, LA 70068
985-652-5544
Days Inn
3912 Highway 51 (Exit 209 from I-10)
La Place, LA 70068
985-652-1223
Holiday Inn Express
4284 Hwy 51 (Exit 209 from I-10)
Laplace, LA 70068
877-410-6667
Hampton Inn
4288 Highway 51 (Exit 209 from I-10)
La Place, LA 70068
985-652-5002
COME CHECK OUT OUR NEW DRIVERS STAND
2gt2ng6.jpg
<br />
<br />
120o8kz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should have read the whole story, sorry !
Bob, rally the nitro guys, and we'd love to add ya'll, just keep is posted, and we'll see what kind of interest it drums up for actual nitro classes....you may also run your nitro in ALL open classes, we usually have quite a few that do that as well. See you in November !!
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh I am coming. I have a new Cracker I am going to be running next week. We always enjoyed the LA races and I expect you guys will put on a good one.

All of us (VRT) Voodoo Race Team have has a fantastic time racing all over the country (Texas,Atlanta,Huntsville,Indiana) this year, and we are continuing our pilgrimage, still looking forward to South Carolina, and Dallas, etc....We've been shown some of the best hospitality and sportsmanship around, and BOY, have we had a good time !! Now, it's our turn to extend some of the same hospitality and good times around, cmon down New Orleans way (just 30 mins from the french quarter) in November and pass a good time with us, like we have with ya'll !! This race promises to have some of the fastest and best racers in the country. come check out our newly renovated pit area and raised drivers stand too !! Have no DOUBT....it will be a PARTY ! Iv'e included a few pics for reference to show some of ya'll that aren't familiar with our facility, just how good it is. Also, like the race flyer states....we have all the ROOM for any trailers, and or R.V.'s

All of us (VRT) Voodoo Race Team have has a fantastic time racing all over the country (Texas,Atlanta,Huntsville,Indiana) this year, and we are continuing our pilgrimage, still looking forward to South Carolina, and Dallas, etc....We've been shown some of the best hospitality and sportsmanship around, and BOY, have we had a good time !! Now, it's our turn to extend some of the same hospitality and good times around, cmon down New Orleans way (just 30 mins from the french quarter) in November and pass a good time with us, like we have with ya'll !! This race promises to have some of the fastest and best racers in the country. come check out our newly renovated pit area and raised drivers stand too !! Have no DOUBT....it will be a PARTY ! Iv'e included a few pics for reference to show some of ya'll that aren't familiar with our facility, just how good it is. Also, like the race flyer states....we have all the ROOM for any trailers, and or R.V.'s

uploadfromtaptalk1467936048438.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467936056843.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467936062774.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467936070352.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467936088626.png

We have made arrangements for a hosting hotel of Best Western 4289 Main St Laplace La 985-651-4000 for the dates of 11/17-11/20. Room rates at this time of year are normally $100+ a night and we have reserved 20 rooms on 1st floor level with parking in front of room for $80 plus tax per night. These rooms MUST be reserved no later than Oct. 18th using Voodoo Model Boat Club name to get these rates.

P Mono and D Hydro have been requested and have been added to the itinerary. If anyone has any other classes they may be interested in running, let us know...thanks.

I would like to thank Jed Galloway with Chopper Barber Racing for sponoring G27 Sport Hydro and LA Easyriders.com for sponsoring Open Sport Hydro. We appreciate both of y'all's yearly continued support of the Gas World Championships.

Voodoo Model Boat Club would like to thank Randy Hicks with ASSUMPTION PAINT & BODY for sponsoring the Twin Hydro class and their continued support of The Voodoo Gas World Championships.

Voodoo Model Boat Club would like to thank Johnny Adams for sponsoring the Thunderboat class for The Voodoo Gas World Championships.

Voodoo Model Boat Club would like to thank Roy Wilson with Wilson Printing for sponsoring the Crackerbox class for The Voodoo Gas World Championships.

We are also accepting raffle donations, (donater names announced) throughout the 3 day weekend. Nothing is too small or too big, nor does it have to be boat related. We already have some great stuff ! If youd like to sponsor, or donate, just let us know on this site.

Thanks...

-Nick-

Voodoo Model Boat Club is proud to announce that INSANE BOATS has stepped up to become the official race sponsor of the 2016 Voodoo Gas World Championships.

Voodoo thanks INSANE BOATS for their support.

Voodoo Model Boat Club would like to thank DULAC CHARTERS for there sponsorship of the LSG 27 Mono class. We appreciate your continued support of this event.

Voodoo Model Boat Club would like to thank RAMPAGE BOATS for there sponsorship of the Open Mono class. We appreciate your continued support of this event.

Latest posts

Back