2016 IMPBA Nitro Nats / Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
As part of the Nitro Directors job for IMPBA, there is the responsibility of arranging the IMPBA nationals. I am not assuming this position till the first of the year, but we need to get started.

There has been multiple threads concerning heat race nats vs. traditional nationals. At this point I would suggest not getting into that argument and concentrate on finding a site and what that host sites preference is in regards to putting on the event.

Anybody that is interested in putting on the event, please contact me. I have had one club show some interest. If there are any others please let me know. I would like to have this settled soon so people can make plans for next season.

I am going to be in Mt. Vernon this weekend if anybody would like to discuss in person.

My e-mail is [email protected] or you can PM me on here.

Thanks

Too much up in the air right now Ron to give any details. We should know something in a couple of weeks.

The biggest concentration right now is finding a site for 2016. The good news is that there are a few people interested in 2017 so we should not be running around at the last minute next year.

Updates to follow.

Update:

Everything that was up in the air is coming back a no go.

That being said, we are still looking for a club to host the nats in 2016. Any interested parties, please contact me.

Putting out some feelers here.

How many would participate in a heat race nitro nats in July at Rochester NY?

Great club that is very ambitious. Very capable club as they did the gas nats last year.

The only concern would be the boat count as nitro is not as big as gas in that part of the country. I think it would be a great way to expose that area of the country to nitro by having an event of this magnitude.

If anyone wants to look the site up:

Carey Lake

959 Walworth Penfield Rd.

Macedon, NY 14502

Some feed back would be helpful. I know winter is coming but spring and summer will be here before you know it. 862 views and only 4 people have bothered to comment on this?

honestly for me.. distance.. over 20hrs away.. no way i could go. but that is just me..

I'm in!
default_smile.png

I'm guessing NAMBA Nats in Wichita will be in July ... we will be there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah forgot about that one Sam...........

Thanks for the responses.
I did check out the site on google maps though it looks real nice plenty of room on and off the water.... Hopefully more interest will be shown form the east coast guys? you will never be able to accommodate everyone.. pick a date and put it out there you might get a better response that way?

All you D-2 ers, this isn't that far. they have a great site, amenities coming out of there ears, great pond and a nice restaurant on site.

Great site. The club is a+. I think Matt and crew will do a great Job. The Gas Nats in 2015 was one of the best,

I will be there if they have the Nitro Nats.

Kevin

Back