How to set convert to remote needle valve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeAlbrecht

I have a 40 seaducer with an OPS 7.5cc with front intake. I have mounted the engine and find it very difficult to get to the needle valve adjustments. How do I change over to a remote needle valve? What happens to the current needle valve?

Thanks

George

as far as the needle in the carb,there are options. you can back it out a bunch (like 10 or 12 turns, if it will stay in that far out) to take it out of the picture as far as mixture goes, or you can remove it, cut the tapered portion off just below the threads & screw it back in tight or remove it entirely & cap or plug the hole with a screw. the remote can either be manual (simpler to install) or third channel operated. whichever you choose install the remote needle as close to the carb as feasible. someone else will have to recommend a manual remote needle for that engine. for a third channel needle, i would recommend a don ferrette base with an os inflight needle.

You can file off the end of the needle and put it back in so it does not reg. the fuel then install a 3rd channel needle fromm AA, CMB or OS. If you want only manual adjustment use a standard needle and you will be good.

Brad

Cutting or filing the needle would be my last choice. If you do that, you then would need to find a new needle to go back stock - should you ever want to. I would try to just back it out as far as it will go & still stay tight & sealed. Next would be to just remove it & plug/seal the hole in a way that allows you to reinstall the needle - again, if you should ever want to. It's always better, IMO to be able to go back stock.

Latest posts

Back