tuned pipe question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Costanzo

i see the new N/R pipes that ron shaw is selling and was wondering what the difference is when the belly of the pipe is got a flat section on the front cone and one that has the flat spot on the rear cone? is the powerband different? thanks,mike.

The back and front cones are the same on both pipes. The difference is a 1 flat band and where the weld is.

Same cones as the Mac 13 and 15cc pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The back and front cones are the same on both pipes. The difference is a 1 flat band and where the weld is.

Same comes as the Mac 13 and 15cc pipes.
danny, sorry maybe worded it wrong. i have a .45 CMB/AB pipe and the flat band is on the back cone side and the pipe is see from ron the flat is in the front cone,i know both add vol to pipe for a bit more TQ but was asking if the position of flat made a difference in the pipes performance.

I believe the best way to describe it is..... the only difference is where the weld it put.

Whether, when it was machined they decided to machine it on the front or back. The pipe is the same either way.

I believe the flat belly gives a wider torque band. The pressure fitting goes in the middle of the flat.

Brad
i understand about the T/Q band being wider, so that means it does not mater what side of the cone it is on??
I believe the best way to describe it is..... the only difference is where the weld it put.
Exactly... the belly/cone location doesn't care where the weld joint is... it appears, in photo, that the primary difference between the 13cc and 15cc pipes is

the belly on the latter.

Thus said, apparently the only tooling difference is between the diverging/ diffuser cones. Converging/ baffle cones are the same.

Thanks-

tim

23365189_10212759351113143_1804001612_n.jpg

The original Macs pipes work well .

Perhaps These newer ones from nova may have been improved with longer stingers to coincide with the pipe volume.

Dont know until they are in our hands.

What Mike is asking is does the straight section between the diverging and converging cone in the pipe on the right offer more torque or a flatter smoother powerband than the pipe on the left . The two pipes are different .

is it possible to cut off the old short stinger and add a longer one instead?

Perhaps These newer ones from nova may have been improved with longer stingers to coincide with the pipe volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it possible to cut off the old short stinger and add a longer one instead?

yes, i have and run lots of different Macs pipes and i love them! always looking for an excuse to fire up the TIG Welder!

What Mike is asking is does the straight section between the diverging and converging cone in the pipe on the right offer more torque or a flatter smoother powerband than the pipe on the left . The two pipes are different .
yes Tommy that is kind of where i was going with this.guess i will have to fire up the TIG and experiment a little and see what works.if not,cut it off and try again..kind of like fiberglass,if you don't like it,just sand it down and mix some more.

I believe the flat belly gives a wider torque band. The pressure fitting goes in the middle of the flat.

Brad
i understand about the T/Q band being wider, so that means it does not mater what side of the cone it is on??
Exactly... the belly/cone location doesn't care where the weld joint is... it appears, in photo, that the primary difference between the 13cc and 15cc pipes is

the belly on the latter.

Thus said, apparently the only tooling difference is between the diverging/ diffuser cones. Converging/ baffle cones are the same.

Thanks-

tim
hi tim,i have a CMB Nitro pipe and the belly is on the back side...

Back