tip of the day:KLASS KOTE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard H. Parshall jr.

You want a nice paint job... KLASS KOTE... back in the day we used laquer with clear coat... then HOBBY POXY2..now for a great and easy finish.... KLASS KOTE... follow the directions tho.. first time i used it i washed with 3812s from Dupont (faithful to all automotive pre cleaning)but it reacted bad... hard for an auto body guy to grab the can of laquer thinner to wash stuff... but it works and dosnt affect the epoxy... just finished another project with K/K... and was reminded what a fine product it is!!!! thanks KLASS KOTE!!

You want a nice paint job... KLASS KOTE... back in the day we used laquer with clear coat... then HOBBY POXY2..now for a great and easy finish.... KLASS KOTE... follow the directions tho.. first time i used it i washed with 3812s from Dupont (faithful to all automotive pre cleaning)but it reacted bad... hard for an auto body guy to grab the can of laquer thinner to wash stuff... but it works and dosnt affect the epoxy... just finished another project with K/K... and was reminded what a fine product it is!!!! thanks KLASS KOTE!!
Ditto!!!!! This stuff is better than all the other stuff I used over the years. Plus excellent support!! The only question left in my mind is if the colors hold in the sun.

John

I have painted a few boats with this stuff and have had good results. It made me look better than I really am (I'm not really a very good painter). I am going to paint a scale (circuss circuss) this coming year and plan to use KK again. It should be challenging with 3 different shades of pink.

I am with you I love the stuff. I makes a guy like me almost look good.

I like what your doing with your Bullitts, nice job
Mike...nice to chat... Thanks!! love ZIPPKITS kits! I built a Bullitt for a club member and he bought me one for doing it.. all most done will have pics in gallery of it together all painted soon! Joe is sending the hardware pkg today(he is in our club)we are doing a small amount of bartering so i can afford the ultimate hardware combo! ! nice stuff.... will be posting more on my gallery,be sure to stop in and check it out!!Keep up the good work zippkits are great!!

If KLASS KOTE holds up as good as HOBBY POXY did then its a winner... have heard good stuff about it. I love the results!!and john is right.. good support!! they called when i didnt submitt my order to see if there was a problem... i told him i needed to put money in bank so i could finish my order,he chuckled and said if i had any questions or problems to call!! one hint... as a auto body repair(EX) person.i grabbed the 3812s from DUPONT to pre clean..... KLASS KOTE dont like that stuff.. i e mailed to ask questions about primer issues and got a reply within a hour!! and that was 11:30 my time... it is hard to think of washing your finish with laquer thinner but it worked!! mint finish!!

Richard, That's the only way to go build one and get one. I have been keeping up with your pics you have done a nice job and I like your cowl
thanks Mike, i like to be a bit different....lol.. just got next project delivered... a ZIPPKITS A Box to build for propcircles.. that will be in gallery too. then i have a few to build for a upcoming show.. have you heard about that one yet...just a one time deal,not going to take any work from you.. hope you dont mind

Mike I've seen your work on Joe's hulls a very good job That is if your the Mike that builds for Joe I thought he mentioned your name. I don't hear too good I may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sealed a plug with Klass Kote do you guys let it flash for 30-40 minutes before using?

YUP, unless its primer with the white fast catalyst for primer.. let it ... what do they call it.."infuse"..before thinning, otherwise it starts to kick while waiting. did you seal it with clear?

Just sealed a plug with Klass Kote do you guys let it flash for 30-40 minutes before using?
Yes I do. I learned this years ago when Hobbypoxy and Super Poxy were the only paints I used. You can actually see the reaction when you mix the clear. Right after mixing, you can see streaks of clear and hardener. After about 1/3 hour, the paint becomes homongenous.

Yes I do. I learned this years ago when Hobbypoxy and Super Poxy were the only paints I used. You can actually see the reaction when you mix the clear. Right after mixing, you can see streaks of clear and hardener. After about 1/3 hour, the paint becomes homongenous.
and it is pretty cool to come back a while later after you spray and see the finish is still flowing out... looks better after a half hr and better in a hour.. amazing!! i used to paint cars for a living and was amazed at how the poly type finishes flow out for quite a while after spraying.much nicer painting small things,LOL

No clear yet going to add another coat,I brushed the first coat on gonna spray the next one

How did it flow with the brush, did you add more thinner?

I airbrushed Hobby Poxy and it flowed so well I thought I would use a brush the next time.

It flowed well but I was using it for sealer. I will add a second coat to slick it up. Its a plug for a mold

I airbrushed Hobby Poxy and it flowed so well I thought I would use a brush the next time.
It flows well much like HobbyPoxy with the brush catalyst. In fact, KK behaves like HobbyPoxy in many ways.

I usually brush on the first coat of primer. I have found that brushing on the primer tends to fill the imperfections faster. After sanding, I spray on the second coat.

It flows well much like HobbyPoxy with the brush catalyst. In fact, KK behaves like HobbyPoxy in many ways.

I usually brush on the first coat of primer. I have found that brushing on the primer tends to fill the imperfections faster. After sanding, I spray on the second coat.
Hey Kez, brushing the first coat of primer is a good idea...I will try that next primer job...although it was a ZIPPKIT and needed very little fill but the spots it did would have saved on the spot putty...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back