Nova Rossi .21 Keep DD or M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

By now somebody must have tried to the DD version, interested in compariosn of the 180 degree M version vs the newer DD striaght pipe version of .21 riggger.

I now run the DD as I like to have a full length straight pipe. The DD and the wrap arounds run similarly in performance. The negative for the DD is that there are 4 bearings to replace which is a little expensive. For me that was not a problem. I initially thought that having 4 bearings might limit performance. That is not the case as the performance is really good. It doesn't take much to make the engine perform really well. Set the head clearance to .006"-.,007", run 60-65% fuel and you will run very well. Pipe is an important part of the performance. There are several pipes that are really good.

I have run the wrap around engines for years also, and until Andy Brown came out with the MAC I was running the wrap arounds. It is just cleaner for me to have a straight pipe engine.

Hope this helps.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty, thanks for the input as I prefer the DD version but did not want to make a mistake, What pipe do you recommend, i have some Andy Brown billet pipes, cooper and some custom Brian Charney pipes.

thank for the input.

ken

Hi Ken,

After many years off from running boats I started back with a .21 and .46 riggers, I never ran .21's in the past. I started with the wrap around .21 NR's and .46DD's. I liked the .46DD's so well I sold the wrap around .21's and bought the .21DD's and really like them. Ditto to what Marty said.

Thanks, John

I have a new 46DD in a new rigger Im building and just took delivery on a 21 raptor, glad to hear about the DD as that where i wanted to go with the 21 as well.

I have a new 46DD in a new rigger Im building and just took delivery on a 21 raptor, glad to hear about the DD as that where i wanted to go with the 21 as well.
One of my closest racing buddies uses a 46 NR wrap around and it is awesome. I really don't know a lot about the 46DD. I have seen some that are running well, but don't run that class.

One of my closest racing buddies uses a 46 NR wrap around and it is awesome. I really don't know a lot about the 46DD. I have seen some that are running well, but don't run that class.
Yes,Rod's NR45 180 ex is in her prime. His driving makes the boat even FASTER.
default_smile.png

As far as the 180 ex versus the straight ex...I do not see an advantage in performance in heat racing condition's between the two. We run the NR 180 ex in our JAE and seem's to get the job done. Just need to work on my driving...I love them Offshore bouy's.

default_smile.png

As far as the 180 ex versus the straight ex...I do not see an advantage in performance in heat racing condition's between the two. We run the NR 180 ex in our JAE and seem's to get the job done. Just need to work on my driving...I love them Offshore bouy's.
Not sure who you are trying to fool
default_smile.png

Anyone that can beat Jerry C in a mono is an outstanding driver. I love to watch you give up the start and then pass someone being patient near the end of the race Cool deal....

Ditto Marty, If you are luckey enough to race with Stan you will see that the start begins about 2 laps prior to the start while Stan just wants to see what you are going to do. If Stans over at the start he will catch you!! Great heat racer and he runs clean and very fast> I have a DD , great motor! Tim

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Anyone that can beat Jerry C in a mono is an outstanding driver. I love to watch you give up the start and then pass someone being patient near the end of the race Cool deal....
Thx for the comment's on my driving,I have bad day's like everybody else. It is a gamble sometimes...50/50 chance to be a Hero or a Zero.

Racing Jerry is a Chess match as soon as the clock start's...he keep's you in check no doubt. He is one of my best friends on the shore as a lot of people I have had the pleasure to meet,but once the clock start's "IT IS ON". That is what bring's dad and I back again,again,again. Like Mark Grannis say's at every driver's meeting..."The race is not won in the first turn,race clean side by side for 6 lap's/12 turn's makes for GREAT memories."

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Thx for the comment's on my driving,I have bad day's like everybody else. It is a gamble sometimes...50/50 chance to be a Hero or a Zero.

Racing Jerry is a Chess match as soon as the clock start's...he keep's you in check no doubt. He is one of my best friends on the shore as a lot of people I have had the pleasure to meet,but once the clock start's "IT IS ON". That is what bring's dad and I back again,again,again. Like Mark Grannis say's at every driver's meeting..."The race is not won in the first turn,race clean side by side for 6 lap's/12 turn's makes for GREAT memories."
2zrlxn5.jpg

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Thats A great saying , Need to use that at our next driver meeting !

We prefer the 180 ex because you can try things with the back plate. On our control line speed planes,the motors that we have played with we learned a lot with back plate mods. Not just curved holes/plates, but things that help atomize the fuel going thru the case. We are just starting to try some of these things on our 21.

Well as it turns out my hull prefers the 180 degree header version, boat builder tried DD and the heavier motor move CG forward which hurts perfromance. Who is the best engine guy to work on Nova Rossi Keep?

Ken

If any of you need engine work just lmk I would be glad to take care of you.

Also... No worries on turn around times as i get things done quickly!

Latest posts

Back