NAMBA Approved Boating Sites II

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

I am not sure why the other thread was locked but this is an important topic. Look, it takes 5 minutes and $50 to register your site each year and you are good to go. You have to expect that these insurance companies were going to eventually ask for this. It only makes sense that for each lake that boaters run the insurance company has additional risk and therefore needs to cover those costs.

Secondly, I don't believe the requirement is an "APPROVED" site but rather a registered site. I don't think there is any qualifications for a site other than registering it with NAMBA as a running site and paying the fee.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think it's just that simple. We have been registering all of our running sites here in D20 for years. So this really has no impact.

D

About the dog and or people swimming in the pond. We've had the same

happen in our district (16) during races and we stop the race. All boats in

staying away come in and then go have a talk with whom ever to resolve

the situation with lease in hand giving us exclusive use of the pond for the

weekend.

And how come the Edmonton and Calgary ponds our not on the list. I know that

we at least in Edmonton register and pay ever year?????

Fons

PS to bad this is turning out to be our club is better then your club topic???

Last edited by a moderator:
David, the last thread was, apparently, locked due to people getting nasty. There were personal attacks and other things that happened that I can only assume resulted in the thread being locked.

Alfonso, you may want to contact NAMBA secretary Al Waters about your ponds and see what it would take to get them added to the list. If you need to talk to someone else, I'm sure Al would know who to refer you to

I suspect that whoever registers your lakes has just not submitted the paperwork yet. Al is sending me the updated list of clubs several times a week and I generally update the website within a few hours so it is very up to date.

There is an intersting consideration here also consistent wiith having registered ponds. By getting ponds registered the assumption is that boaters will come together to run at those sites. With more boaters there, there may be a better chance of better safety compliance than rogue running wherever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fonz, the Calgary pond registration was sent in January 17 and didn't show either. Maybe we missed the first printing of the approved sites.

The problem stems with weekends warriors that don't belong to either impba or namba and do anything they want and make it bad for all of us

Keith, Al checked on Elliston Park and we found an error in our web page that prevent a couple of sites from showing up on the site. We have corrected that problem and Elliston should show up now.

Dave

Just because a pond is on the list does not mean you are covered if you go there to run boats. Make sure you understand what you need to do to be covered when you run boats.

You will never stop the rouge boaters. All that you can do is talk to them and let them now that there is a local club and invite them to come and see what you do and possibly join.

Brad

Hey Brad!, good to hear from you. I agree the best approach for those folks is other organized boaters. How is life treating you?

Latest posts

Back