Jae gt vs sgx 21?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the new JAE 21GT and its runs great in some chop! Nice improvement over the G2 in that aspect as well as many other things that it does better. Both are fast B hydros either way you look at it. Ive had a lot of success with these boats. And u cant beat the service you get from Joe at ZippKits and Mike Walker. Stand up guys that deliver a very nice product!

I have the new JAE 21GT and its runs great in some chop! Nice improvement over the G2 in that aspect as well as many other things that it does better. Both are fast B hydros either way you look at it. Ive had a lot of success with these boats. And u cant beat the service you get from Joe at ZippKits and Mike Walker. Stand up guys that deliver a very nice product!
Adam I'm currently building a new JAE 21GT, I need some help on what servos to use. Hitech digital ?

Yea i just used a hitec 225mg for steering and hitec 85mg for throttle and just a micro off brand servo for the 3rd channel.

I like both boats...SGX is very predictable...just ran the G2 but seems they made great improvements on the GT.Gill

Any other comments on the SGX?
. The sgx is a proven winner, handles and turns awesome. It was around 13 years ago easy that John Brown set the oval record with his heat race boat. He went to 70% nitro and that was the only change. Through the timing lights it was running 81 mph when he set that oval record. The sgx will race with any 21 boat made today. Jeff Lutz

I have to agree with Jeff now I havent seen the new Jae only the old ones and they could do some irratic darts from time to time and loose prop bite in heavy chop , I will say the 20 size in my opinion is better than the bigger sizes

The SGX runs very good and stable on the water, during the race when water get´s rough you can go much closer to the boy the boat is more stable. The problem is, that it´s hard to start with big props. The jae is much easier to get into the water.

The extra length in the tub and ski in the JAE GT and the KEP's T3 should take some of the dart out of them and make them a good race water boat. There is also a new turn fin design and mount for the for the T3 21 and 45 coming out that will save some weight on the inboard side sponson.

Brad

Brad: The KEP's T3-45 "V2" is in the "final" drawing works. But Ive been way too busy lately (all winter really) to make the official FREEBIE drawings come through. But hopefully it will be done "shortly" (a month or so I guess/hope).

The updated T3 V2's (FE, 21 and 45) are not so much saving right hand (inside) sponson weight though (as I see it) - as to - getting it to not lift it (right hand sponson) out of the drink as much = not an weight issue
default_wink.png

Just about all potential "darting" is eliminated also with the new "T3-V2's" turn fins and its zero toe mount.

BTW, Im thinking of discontinuing the std KEP's FE-4SL (4-cell limited) also as the updated KEP's FE-4S "V2" will fill it's "gap" all day long...

On my KEPS T3 21 it took me a couple of adjustments to get the V2 TF just right but now flys down the straights with zero issues, doesnt dart or lift. Its runs so well I can run it WOT from start to finish, even through the turns. As for rough water running, its still a very lite boat but it skims the rough stuff lite as a feather with no unruly surprises. Thats what makes the thing so fast and lets you throw all sorts of prop at it.

When I first started running the KEPS this is the one thing my mind needed to get used to, all my other riggers I would describe them as being more connected to the water. Eagles and RRs, if you get one of them this loose, your usually a half a second away from lift off.

Havent forgotten you either Brad, work has been crazy busy but will assemble my T3 45 this week and post pictures, the paint came out really cool, had some fun with some decals too! Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
For my money there are 3 really great 21 boats to heat race, the SGX, the JAE and the Blackbird. Yes there are other's but in the National races I have attended in the last 5 years these are the boats that are winning. For the money the JAE, all versions is hard to beat. People like Ron Zaker and Stan Simpson are consistently winning with the JAE and I too have won races with both the 21 and 45 JAEs. I myself have not seen the darting issues mentioned in this thread. Lastly if you see a 21 SGX, Blackbird, or JAE on IA for sale don't hesitate to say "I'll take it" they are all great proven heat racing boats".

Latest posts

Back