Don't laugh! It just might work for you too.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

OK now no-one laugh at me, because alot of hours of testing went in to this. Just for the hell of it, those of you that have the black or silver AB67-80 pipes throw them on your K-90 or CMB 90,91,or 101's. I have honestly tested probly every pipe out there on these type motors (well the CMB's anyways). The reason why they work better, hell I don't know except for maybe the smaller pipe volume at my higher altitude (4800 ft). But those of you who have these pipes, try it and reply back to me or this thread. I want to know if this works for anyone else of if it is just great luck on my behalf.

Thanks,

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff,

What pipe length for a CMB 90 EVO2? I am at sea level and know it will be different but a starting point would be nice.

My MACS 15cc has worked quite well but can try it.

Cliff

I an SURE that every person has their OWN theory..................So What work for you Will not work for others..................!!

Each pipe package is limited to how much prop it will pull. and STILL get you THERE!!!

Picco 90 unmuffled pipes are very close to those...................!!!

BUT ON a TWIN............??? You will learn what some of us already have tested!!

Let US KNOW YOUR results!!!! ;) ;) ;) :)

Well in my twin I am running 91 HRs and with the AB pipe at 12 inches I was pulling 1667s at 5.4 cup. Now at my altitude that is unheard of. I know you guys at sea level run those props with your 80 size boats, but that is surely not the case up here. I figure for the 91HRs having absolutely no torque, I thought that was pretty good. Next time I run I am going to try H-45s, but I don't see it being a problem as easy as it pulling the 1677s. Do me a favor! Just give it a try and get back to me.

I have also been running these motor and pipe combinations on my other boats as well. My 90 Eagle SG is running a CMB91RS and pulling an H50 at 11 1/4 inches on the AB pipe. My 100 Calcraft is running a CMB101RS and pulling an X470 at 11 3/4 inches on the AB pipe. Give me some of your thoughts.

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff,

I ran the AB 67 Black pipe @ 11" on a K-90 pulling an H-38 at the 2004 World Champs. This combo was in an 80 SGX. Very Fast!

That pipe has been run with good success on the CMB 100 and 101 as well.

Good Boating!

You see guys I'm not so crazy after all. Hey Andy what benefits or fallbacks did you see with this combination, if any?

Cliff

I have been running the black AB 67 pipe on my CMB 1.0/SGX for a few years now. 11.25" w/ 1667 @ 5.9". It is a very fast and reliable set!

-Buck-

I guess there is a huge difference in alt, The guy I got my rr90 from with a CMB91RS was swinging and H50 and said it would scream. The pipe was at 13"!!!!!!!! I just though ahhh what the hell threw it in the water like it was, yeah right it pulled it... at mill speed with WOT. The boat came from Grand Rapids Mi and I live in fla. We got er screamin now though. Thanks for that pipe Cliff i think it's going to work well.

Happy Thanksgiving Cliff. Here's some pictures of my brand new AB67 uncut pipes for my twin and mono, also heres a pic of my radio box with Lipo's big thanks to Mike P.

Radio_Box.JPG

I really don’t understand what Chuck is getting at, but I have had very good results with the AB pipe on my SGX Twin 84 and my SGX Twin 90 with HR91’s. Pipes were set at 11.75 with full blade 1667’s cupped to 5.8. I think Cliff’s set up is right on the mark.

OK WILL........................ :D :D :D

You saw " NO JOKE" when I arrive in April this year!!!

H-50's @ 6.?

1667's @6.?

13cc pipes@.................... :) :) :)

Can you Here me NOW!!!!

OH Will, But the fact is Andy Browm Motors on Andy Brown Pipes in Andy Brown Boat................Let me see................................DUH...............!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

OH Will, But the fact is Andy Browm Motors on Andy Brown Pipes in Andy Brown Boat................Let me see................................DUH...............!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:
DUH what?

DUH Fast? :lol:

-Buck-

Keep it clean you two. I just wanted to know if anyone else had any success with this type of set up, and barring the fight(LOL)... I guess I got a few answers. Thanks guys, but I still want to hear and know more!!!!!!

Thanks,

Cliff

Buck..............I Don't know you............Run What you want to Run.

BUt Do nOT........................EVER!!! ASSUME!!!!

90MPH................Is the same PICCO, EVO,Rs,HR,MAC.

OH an one other thing..................RIGHT TURN CLID!!!!

WILL already knows what up. Andy too and Don!!! Do I need to RESERVE A PLACE FOR YOU IN APRIL!!!??

Just say the word..................The "POND GODS KNOW ALL!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :D ;)

Buck..............I Don't know you............Run What you want to Run.
BUt Do nOT........................EVER!!! ASSUME!!!!
That's correct Chuck, you don't know me and don't assume.........

-Buck-

B)

Sorry Cliff. It is a good pipe on a CMB .90/.91, 1.00/1.01 :)

We are pass CLIFF's Pipes........................... :D

I want to know, Do you need a SPACE in APRIL A LONG WITH THE OTHER 23 TWINS that will be HERE!!!

SIMPLE............ :)

I have an EAGLE SGX built in 2004 with a CMB 101 an AB black pipe @ 12" IT will pull any prop I put on it H props 1667s move the strut up it will pull aV967. Hummm no trun fin and a short pipe V967

skies the limit :D

Thinking about a trying a set on twin picco 80s B)

Bob

Cliff Look sound :rolleyes: May you install some wrong adjust level struts :huh: :eek: become drag!!

Cliff,

We have been working with smaller pipes in the past couple of years on the bigger motors. We are now using 13cc Mac pipes on our RS 91's and 101's. We did use to run Muck 13cc pipes but could not get the noise down off the wall of the pipe. You could put anything on the stinger of those pipes and it would not change the sound level at all. But they are great pipes. We also ran 11cc pipes on 80 size motors. The lenght on all of these pipes were 11 to 12.5 inches.

Mark

Latest posts

Back