Hangin with Mr Zaker

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why the same pic showed up twice.

Tim K

Picture_or_Video_245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tim,
Maybe there is 2 pics because they are different?

Paul

I edited the original post , for some reason it had two of the same pic and then I added the second pic.

Give me an engine to work on any day over this computer crap :lol:

Tim K

Just hangin on B)
Tim K

Tim:

That is tough to do! Did you stay ahead of him to the finish?

He is good at catching up or outlasting you.

Had MANY great races with Ron Zaker, Jr.

I miss racing with him about as much as anyone that I can think of....

Marty Davis

Marty

Yes in that heat I was very fortunate to hold Ron off but I had to drive like I stole it to do so.

Ron is an excellent racer and he will definately make you earn it.

Funny thing about that heat , my antenna tube broke around the last couple laps and the boat started acting odd , I was just trying to hold on at that point not sure what was going on with the boat.

Just one more thing to make your knees shake LOL.

Tim K

Marty
Yes in that heat I was very fortunate to hold Ron off but I had to drive like I stole it to do so.

Funny thing about that heat , my antenna tube broke around the last couple laps and the boat started acting odd , I was just trying to hold on at that point not sure what was going on with the boat.

Tim K
Hey Tim,I remember that heat, it was a fast and fun. Cool pic!

Marty

Tim K
Z:

What were you doing so far back? :)

Marty Davis

Marty

Tim K
Z:

Marty Davis
Tim's antenna broke off,he was getting glitchy,just hung for a bit.

Marty

Tim K
Z:

Marty Davis

Ron:

WOW, I wish that you would have been that generous with me.... :rolleyes:

Marty Davis

Marty

Tim K
Z:

Marty Davis

Ron:

Marty Davis

And the Bench racing begins :rolleyes: :lol:

Tim K

Marty

Tim K
i think he needs my Twin for sale !! :lol:

I:

I think he needs my Twin for sale !!!!

Marty Davis

Ron:

Marty Davis

And the Bench racing begins :rolleyes: :lol:

Tim K
I guess my post failed , no problem , just stating that Ron needed my Twin for sale !

Looks like you're "havin' a look though"... :rolleyes:
ALWAYS... ;)
Z:

Just talked to Mark Grannis tonight. He is getting back into the hobby along with Chad. They are really having fun with the Twin Roadrunner that his Dad Tom ran. He also bought a 67 Roadrunner from Ralph Almirola for Chad. Told him tonight that he should build a 40 boat and he said that he thinks that he will build a .21 because it looks like we are having all the fun. Tom Foley, another really good racer is also going to join us in the .21 rigger class. Looks like it is going to be Funnnnn.

I am going to send a message to Ed Lackey and see if he might want to also join us (he already has a great 20 boat).

I bet that John and Andy Brown will show up with a great 20 boat too.

Guess you will have to make a trip down here to run some 20 boats with us.

Marty Davis

ALWAYS... ;)
Z:

Just talked to Mark Grannis tonight. He is getting back into the hobby along with Chad. They are really having fun with the Twin Roadrunner that his Dad Tom ran. He also bought a 67 Roadrunner from Ralph Almirola for Chad. Told him tonight that he should build a 40 boat and he said that he thinks that he will build a .21 because it looks like we are having all the fun. Tom Foley, another really good racer is also going to join us in the .21 rigger class. Looks like it is going to be Funnnnn.

I am going to send a message to Ed Lackey and see if he might want to also join us (he already has a great 20 boat).

Marty Davis
I need to get you to look at my NR 2000 model engine ,I always had launchabilty problems with it ,it like new !

ALWAYS... ;)
Z:

Marty Davis
Marty,

What dates are you thinking? And where?

ALWAYS... ;)
Z:

Marty Davis
Marty,

We have a 2 day race in Brandon the 1st and 2nd of December. Probably won't be that many 20 hydros (your favorite), but it is growing a lot. Gas boats are the thing here...

The Tampa Club is planning to have a Masters Style race sometime in the near future, depending on the weed problem on our pond. Heck, we even talked about hosting the IMPBA Nats sometime. Our club has some huge plans, now it depends on the weed situation. The landowner says that it will cost him $12,000 to abate the weeds, but is going to do it.

You can be SURE that I will keep you posted on upcoming big events!!

Marty Davis

ALWAYS... ;)
Z:

Marty Davis
Marty,

We have a 2 day race in Brandon the 1st and 2nd of December. Probably won't be that many 20 hydros (your favorite), but it is growing a lot. Gas boats are the thing here...

The Tampa Club is planning to have a Masters Style race sometime in the near future, depending on the weed problem on our pond. Heck, we even talked about hosting the IMPBA Nats sometime. Our club has some huge plans, now it depends on the weed situation. The landowner says that it will cost him $12,000 to abate the weeds, but is going to do it.

Marty Davis

Ok great please do that. Dec 1 and 2 are out for me. Happy birthday mentor!

[

Marty Davis

That is good news Marty.

Back