Difference in performance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Please I am asking this for information and not to start a bashing contest! Now with that out of the way this is for production hulls and not the self built or experimental. Now my own opinion is that I personally think CMDI hulls look the best, but I have no basis of comparison with any other hulls other than the 21 firefighter that I had. Now that FireFighter vs. my SG eagle was no comparison, in just the simple ease of set up and speed. And all my other Eagles do just fine and hold their own against any of the other hulls that I have raced against (not that many).

I would like to hear what you guys think and also show your boats! I mean I want to see alot of pics, show me what you got. I especially want to see a pic of Don's 107 mph twin. Bring them all to the board, Eagles, Road Runners, Predators, Black birds, Fire Fighters, Crapshooters. Get them all on here and show us what your proud of.

To start here are my riggers.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=797

these ones are getting a new look https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=929&pos=2

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=587

Thanks,

Cliff

I"ve never owned a modern Eagle or roadrunner or Crapshooter.. But I think one of the things that sets these hulls apart is the years of development there has been on each one. There is simply no replacement for years of testing and development..

I currently own:

FF12- os12tr

SG21- OPS Blue head/ CMB Greeny

RR67- Need Power

RR90- CMB91RS (Scares the s**t outta me)

On the list:

RR 21

Cajun Bullet 45

Cajun Bullet 90

RR Or Eagle Sg Twin

I like the Sg's because they are much easier to drive, they seem to stick to the water VERYYYYYY WELL, but you have to kill em with power to get em to move. I like the firefighter boat because they are also easy to drive the handle well with NO bad habits and they don't require a Ton of power to be fast and they are very light on the water. Now the Road Runner's. FASSST, if you can deal with the occasional snap roll at full speed in the turn and their tendency to vear into the coarse.

Got a question for ya Cliff. What's your Favorite Color???
That's actually not even close to my favorite color, but I come from alot of years of R/C Car racing. We always had our own color and all our cars matched eachother. So it kind of carried over to boating as well. All the guys that are in our club pretty much came from R/C car racing as well so we all stick to our own colors. I actually wanted canary yellow, but their are two guys in our club that have canary yellow. So here I am with this color and it has actually started to grow on me just like it's cousin, moss green! LOL. How do people like that color where you race?

Cliff

I get alot of comments about how Green is a bad luck color to race yadda yadda yadda, but I'll be honest with ya, I have yet to have any trouble seeing it under all kinds of lighting conditions, nor has it been bad luck. In my opinion Orange seems to be a bad luck color because that's the color of #5 Bouy and you should see what it looks like after I get through with it!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a problem with visibility either, but I have received much slack for the bad luck green as well.

Cliff

Your right I forgot the Blackjacks and the Diamond backs, but don't just remind me put some pics up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right I forgot the Blackbirds and the Diamond backs, but don't just remind me put some pics up here.
Here is a photo of my Diamondback GT

HPIM1475.JPG

Now the Road Runner's. FASSST, if you can deal with the occasional snap roll at full speed in the turn and their tendency to vear into the coarse.
This sounds like a set up problem. So as to not steal this thread send me a p/m. B)
I agree.. All the Roadrunners we run go straight and turn VERY well. Whenever we have one that does odd stuff we put in on the table and find the problem.

As far as which boat is better. That is not really as important as having a straight boat with sharp riding edges with the right prop turnfin and setup. I have seen people with out of date old designs absolutly out perform a brand new boat just because they had a "good" boat that was setup up right and sorted out. Bottom line is to follow the manufacturers directions and pay attention to detail.

As far as which boat is better. That is not really as important as having a straight boat with sharp riding edges with the right prop turn fin and setup. I have seen people with out of date old designs absolutely out perform a brand new boat just because they had a "good" boat that was setup up right and sorted out. Bottom line is to follow the manufacturers directions and pay attention to detail.
Can I have an AMEN!! :D

What's the problem? Everyone can talk about how fast and good their boats are, but no-one wants to show them. Come on guys I'm calling everyone out to the board. Show us what you got.

CLiff

Latest posts

Back