Spektrum Radio Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

My Dad is getting back into boats and bought a DX3 a long time ago. Will the new MR200 receiver work with the DX3.

I've spent the last 3 hours looking. Hopefully someone on here uses a Spektrum or has used one. I'm probably better of buying a new Futuba

I have had mine going on 4 yrs and the are very good and reliable I was a futaba guy sense the mid 70s and I like to go out and 2 to 3 gallons in a day practicing. I'm not into bagging receivers the MR 200 is good for a 2 channel set up MR 3000 for a 3 channel set up and don't forget to set up the fail safe. Don't use the SR 300 or the SR300T or known as telemetry both are ground receivers and have to short of an antenna and "WON'T WORK ON WATER". It drives everyone crazy because they work 40' off the bank and then go to fail safe but everyone thinks the junk is running lean but it's Loosing signal. The funny thing is if you don't set the fail safe the thing will just hall assume and kiss the bank on the other side of the pond. After 2 or 3 time of that noncence most guys give up or buy a futaba and another boat if there that persistent. It's good you asked because with today's transmitters they all have a learning curve. Happy new year Charlie

look at the spectrum dx3 site....last line in specs says will not work with mr3000 recivers

as I understand it if the tx doesent have a drawing of a car and a boat it doesent work with marine rx

Last edited by a moderator:
The DX3 is a Marine/DSM2 compatible transmitter. The M200 is a Marine/DSM2 receiver

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM20320

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMMR200

Futaba Fasst is a safer bet by a long shot.

Had the DX3 with M3000 marine receivers destroy 2 brand new boat in 5 minutes each. Same corner and in 5 minutes time first time out with that junk and they both lost reception and the failsafe kicked in and they hit the rock bank straight on in the small lake where we were cornering 20 feet from the bank coming around the turn.

Thanks Ron I stand coerced on the compatability on the Mr 3000 and that radio I run the DR3R and the DX3 radios. That's funky that it doesn't?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a dx3 and when I went to boats the dx3s..then the dx3r pro and love that radio....have 10 boats on the memory just 40 slots left lol

Yes the dx3 and dx3.0 will not bind to a marine receiver be there done that won't work anything after the dx3.0 will work

Sam, I agree with Robert on the PMX. Bought one last summer for grandson's FE hydro, 40+ times on the water absolutely NO glitches even with antenna inside. Its Fasst system, all the features, lightweight, a lot for just $180 and Tower Hobbies has promos right now.

Wallster

if u are going all fe boats then any new style spectrum wil work great for you,,, nitro and gas guys hate spectrum lol....if u plan to use the nitro or gas route I would probably go futuba just to go with the flow...

I have seen some very expensive boats go ashore from spectrum radios and some of the guys were just getting into it also they got frustrated and quit because of losing boats

Back