Paint codes for Tosti Asti

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at the Newton plan and there are no codes, someone may have them? It would be nice to know so I could add them to my sheet. It would be great if someone could add them to the master hull roster so it all would be in one place?

Brad

What it boiled down to was the color codes of the Italian Flag

Colors in Pantone

17-6153 Green

18-1662 RED

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradley, could you add which manufacturer's codes those are. That would make it easier for others to cross reference them as needed. To repaint my Elam, I need an HOC orange and a PPG white to match the colors, just as an example

As I have said before it would be a great thing if a master paint list could be attached to the master hull list. We all get older every day and soon the knowledge will be gone!!

Brad

Unfortunately, the MHR doesn't have room enough to list all the colors on some boats. If you look at the Miss Technicolor, for example, it has 13 colors in the one paint job, not counting clear. Now, considering that the Technicolor was the 7207 Notre Dame, it had at least 10 other names and several different paint jobs. By the time you put in all the color codes and mixes needed, you could be looking at more lines of colors than registrations.

Now, look at the 0706 Oberto/Miss Madison. With it's new sponsor for the 2016 season, it would have five registration lines:

U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto

U-1 Oh Boy! Oberto

U-6 Oberto

U-1 Oberto

U-1 Home Street Bank

It also has several different colors; red, green, silver, white and black on the first two, white and blue for the Home Street

Back