So you want to build a '94 Bud T4 Twin Wing????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
OK, so I got in the '94 Bud T4 frame kit tonight. Just to put this in perspective, a normal kit consists of about 3-48" sheets of ply, this kit took 5 sheets! I know if I looked at the plans, and decided to build this hull I might loose my mind! I could not imagine cutting this kit by hand, no way, no how! Over the next couple off weeks, I plan on getting this kit framed up to check fitment as this is the first one I have had cut. Once I determine everything is correct, I will offer the kit. If I disappear, its cause the kit killed me!!! haha

OH, and no, that is not a Rocket ship in the pictures! Its the floor pan!

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2349.jpg

DSCF2348.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

Mike,

Incredible job on all your kits, if anyone had the fear of making copies of plans, cutting parts ect , you took care of that, great job.

I really like the insert tabs on the frames to keep them square.

Thank you Joe, and I really appreciate all you have helped me with. B) This is a wild kit that is for sure! I hope to get something framed up soon! Mike

Roger's plans for this hull needed some work to make this hull a great scale boat. I have spent 10 year working on my own design for this hull and just found what make this hull tick. Have fun with it and good luck on your build Doug Shepherd Madison, In

Doug, I was given much information on sponson design, wing angles, etc from many people that race or raced this hull. I am sure it will do well. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I got in the '94 Bud T4 frame kit tonight. Just to put this in perspective, a normal kit consists of about 3-48" sheets of ply, this kit took 5 sheets! I know if I looked at the plans, and decided to build this hull I might loose my mind! I could not imagine cutting this kit by hand, no way, no how! Over the next couple off weeks, I plan on getting this kit framed up to check fitment as this is the first one I have had cut. Once I determine everything is correct, I will offer the kit. If I disappear, its cause the kit killed me!!! haha

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2349.jpg

DSCF2348.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg
Hell ya!!!!!! This is the boat I wanted to build in the first place!! beside the winston lobster and 07 oberto.

i thought the boat was going 2 b a "water rocket" :p

this should be interesting, to say the least!

dan

Its should be a water rocket for sure. Here are some pics of the first frame up. I will probably change around the wing supports in the coming week or so since I have seen some other ideas out there. That way the kit will be even stronger to go along with the excellent design ideas racers have given me to make sure this boat runs as good as it looks. This should be a very exciting time for anyone looking to build a scale. Lots of fresh ideas and build designs out there. Makes me step up my game even further! Enjoy the vast amount of pics. Mike

DSCF2353.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2357.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! your garage bench looks like my kitchen table... I just got busted! I am shut down!

back to the cold garage tomorrow!

No doubt, just came in from the garage. We have 6inches of snow on the way, so things will just get colder! Mike

Happy new year guys,

what are you guys doing to prevent/minimize decksag in your builds? lookin for additional ideas (i found Brian's previous suggestion of topping the frames with tape)

Happy New Year Lennar, As far as deck sag, I guess you could coat the back of your sheeting with a thin glass before appling it to the frame. I have not had any issues with that tho. Mike

Hey guys. Well, The frame is sitting right now. I have had no time to further the build. Maybe in a few months I will have my 85 dominos, '10 albert lee, and '90 Winston Lobster done, and I can work on it! haha

Back