Pond weed control

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Radz

Good Morning all!

We are looking for a product to help control seaweed in a pond. We used manual labor to clean up the pond before our race. I think something called copper sulfate was mentioned to one of our members. Does anyone know if this the correct product? Where in the Chicago area would we go to get it?

Ed Radz

A golf course could tell you most use something to control weeds. I stayed at a place for the NASCAR race at Michigan last weed that had put something in the water that turned it blue. Fish were still abundant so it is safe for them. I guess it blocks sunlight from reaching the weeds at the bottom.

Eric

I found out there is something called Aquashade that colors the water blue and blocks the sunlight to keep the weeds down. I think this is the same stuff the Badgers club uses in Kenosha. Anyone know who carries it and how much it costs?

Later!

Ed Radz

Ed

Here in So. IN.about $25.00 a gallon at farm supply stores. A gallon does not go very far in a big lake. In the lake I practice in I use Karmex. I get it from a farm Chemical

store made by Griffin Co. 5 acre lake takes about 50 to 60 pounds a year to keep clean.

Randall

Back