Novarossi MX .15 Marine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

E-Mailed Bill McGraw at Speedmaster Rossi Sales and asked

him about the Nova MX 15 Marine Engine I saw on the

Novarossi.com page under car engines. All I got back was

" Out Of Stock".

Can anyone fill me in on this engine and if there is a possibility

of getting one somewhere and how much? Also if you can get

parts.

Thanks

Don Templeton :-

Don Good Luck! I have been trying to get that motor for 2 months now and I get the same story out of stock and they realy cant tell me when they will get any in. I have tried 3 different places.

"WOW"

Turned on the forum today and it shows 5 replies to my question!

Thought I was really going to get some good information. Oh well,

back to the OS-TR.

Thanks a lot Rad Racer for your reply.

Don ;)

"OK" So now my previous reply makes me look crazy!

I would swear,when I opened this forum today, there were five identical replies from good old Rad Racer. Now, the

other four are missing. Either someone is playing tricks

or I've really got a problem.

Don-" I Think" : :)

LOL Don, I only replied once. All I wanted to tell you is that your not th only one that is having a problem tying to get the motor

Thanks again Rad,

It helped me make up my mind. I just picked up a .12 OS-TR

at the LHS. They also had a 180 degree manifold that is perfect

for that engine. It's a Team Associated #2350 rear exhaust

manifold and the price for the aluminum one was $10.00.

They also have several diff. anodized colors that sell for

about $14.00. They look just like the trinity/picco one. The

center to center dimension on the 180 degree is 1- 7/16".

"Tom" I hope you see this too!

Don

Yes Rad, It's the newest OS .12 engine. It's quite a bit different

on the inside and more cooling fins on the case. They'r trying to keep up

with the Trinity/Picco. It's been doing very well on the car circut.

Tom Moorehouse has one but I don't think it's been in the

water yet.

Don

my 2 year old and 8month pregnant wife are keeping me way to busy to get the .12 done... i hope i can get it done soon!

anyways... i don't know what happened but uhhh no i did not see any duplicate posts ;) Don must be loosing it! ;D

i was getting some errors from the forum last nite.... seems to have gone away now ???

a buddy of mine drilled/taped my motor mount for me today.... now i just have to install the stuffing tube and paint it and setup the servos and it will be ready.... i hope it is ready before the baby!

Tom let me know how your rigger goes with that V937. I final got to see one and its a monster, Thats a .21 prop :eek:

I dont think my engine can pull that prop

hummm the v937 has a very small blade area.... maybe your thinking of another prop? it would be too small for my .21

Tom the V937 has a diamter of 1.48 inches and 2.81 inches of pitch. Thats a .21 prop if I ever saw one. All surface props have small blade area because they are working off the tips.

Look at other .21 props other then this one being .10 thousand in diameter shorter it has as much pitch as a X452 or a X645.

The diameter is shorter because its a surface prop not a sub surface prop.

Tom do you know for a fact that the guy who set the record was using that prop because I cant find that info any were.

well... the V937 is a 37mm prop.... my 21 uses a 1450 and 1445 45-50mm now the v937 does have a huge pitch that is correct.... hence the awesome speed!

yes i know for a fact that gary preusse used a v937 pitched up to set the record. it is a popular prop series for record setting... i think it has also been used for the 1/8 scale record, sport 40. and several electric records

back when i was running my .15 nova rossi rigger it was going 41 with an x440 and went 47 with a v937 this was at an official time trial.

Tom,

I know this sounds like an odd question but can you tell me

what the hub diameter is on the V-937 prop.

Thanks

Don

ummmm you mean what stub shaft size? it is a .187

for octura anything under 37mm is .125

if you mean the hub od.... well ill measure it for ya if thats what you mean... don't have a caliper here at home... ill have to do it at work

Back