Electric outrigger rudder and prop set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElliottHunt

Can anyone give me general rudder and prop size and set up for jae .91/101 that I am building but want to go electric. I am not racing just building for fun but would still like to have quite a bit of speed maybe 70 or so. I'm new to boats have been building and flying for about 3 years.

I would not mind if someone can call or send me a number so I can pick your brain just a quick chat. I'm in Houston Texas and resources here are limited thanks Elliott Hunt 830-481-7761. I do know that I want to run 8s don't have a general weight yet, but boat will be a bout 38" there is just to many open ended questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elliot welcome to Intl Waters,

you need to give us more info:

What motor:

How many cells:

What KV:

1/4 or 3/16":

If this is your first electric rigger I would not recommend building such a large boat. Look at a smaller 4 cell JAE kit and get some experience first before stepping up.

Just m 2 cents.

Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Have recently ran into some guys that have helped this was just a first attempt just have a love for design and graphics but thank you for your response I appreciate it kind sir

Elliot welcome to Intl Waters,

you need to give us more info:

What motor:

How many cells:

What KV:

1/4 or 3/16":

If this is your first electric rigger I would not recommend building such a large boat. Look at a smaller 4 cell JAE kit and get some experience first before stepping up.

Just m 2 cents.

Tyler
Hello, I just got the ZippKit FE33, I would like your recommendation(s) of the Motor, ESC, and Prop. I'm only interested in doing SAW runs. My only competitor(s) are family members. I ran Nitro in the 70's. But, sort of lost with electrics... So, I would appreciate any info you may offer. I was thinking Leopard 4082-1600kv , ESC 150A, 4S or 4082-2000Kv, ESC150A, 6S. I'm not sure not sure, that's why I seek top shelve advise. Again Thanks, for any assistance you my provide.
Bill
USCG

Back