Has a pro boat designer ever designed an RC tunnel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmaturo

Was wondering if anyone ever crossed over that has been involved with the design process of a full size tunnel?

I would be interested to hear their thoughts on RC tunnel designs.......

They will be of little to no help to you. In scale speed, our boats are running 500 mph. What works for them would apply to your R/C boat at about 20 mph or so. R/C tunnel boats that are designed using full size tunnel geometry as a design guide are typically not competitive.

-Carl

Was wondering if anyone ever crossed over that has been involved with the design process of a full size tunnel?

They will be of little to no help to you. In scale speed, our boats are running 500 mph. What works for them would apply to your R/C boat at about 20 mph or so. R/C tunnel boats that are designed using full size tunnel geometry as a design guide are typically not competitive.

-Carl

Thats spot on Carl. The full size tunnels are designed for what I call "hook" turns. In rc boating, we make sweeping turns. Too much "bite" will get you in trouble quickly in our form of tunnel racing.

Latest posts

Back