For all you two stick junkies! (it has a dial!)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing with the T4GRS today and I LOVE IT.. man this is awesome.

Very powerfull for the money and a DIAL for those that need a "Fun Button"...

Gimbals are not as good as my 14SG but at WAY less money.. OK.. Im a thumb and finger pincher.. so I need longer sticks.

I have this one set of with a idel up and an engine kill. Super easy to do.

Later!

AWESOME! I still use a 2 stick for my Sport 40 hydro, and still feel more comfortable with that than any pistol grip radio I have!
default_smile.png

Good point Tom.. THIS IS NOT A FASST SYSTEM.. It will not work with the orange RXs... This is a:

FHSS

S-FHSS (Normal)

S-FHSS (High) Digi and BL Servos

T-FHSS (Normal)

T-FHSS (High) Digi and BL Servos

RXs are in the 39 to 59 dollar range respectfully.

The dial is a tick short for my liking as well as the sticks but all thats not a show stopper. The system is VERY easy to use.

Grim

I seen this a while back before the release. I really like the looks of the radio. But I am still looking at the 6J radio. I like the inexpensive receivers with the 6J.... (I have some of the Eagle Tree stuff)

Small detail but the 4 character naming is a miss for me on this one.. RX prices are about the same. 35 bucks or so..

Grim

I have mine ordered and I got 3 extra of the extra small receivers. I will use one receiver for telemetry on what ever boat I choose and the others on the rest of the boats. I espacially like the super small receivers for my small boat.

Haven't got the radio yet, but I have looked at all the manual and I think it will do all the things that I want. A little concerned with the range of the thermocouple and heat measurement. Probably won't be able to use with pipe temps, but have to use plug/head temps.

Looking forward to getting it....

I have mine ordered and I got 3 extra of the extra small receivers. I will use one receiver for telemetry on what ever boat I choose and the others on the rest of the boats. I espacially like the super small receivers for my small boat.

Haven't got the radio yet, but I have looked at all the manual and I think it will do all the things that I want. A little concerned with the range of the thermocouple and heat measurement. Probably won't be able to use with pipe temps, but have to use plug/head temps.

Looking forward to getting it....
I just got the extra piece that makes the throttle stick full throw rather than neutral position in the middle. This part is free if you call the service department of Tower Hobbies (Hobby Services) at 217-398-0007

The part number of the piece is HSP79721 and is called a rachet.

Hope this saves you a little time......

Marty, are you saying the left stick is spring loaded to the center without the aftermarket ratchet? I know my first radio was set up with the spring centering and actually came with the parts needed convert to a click-stop set up.

Marty, are you saying the left stick is spring loaded to the center without the aftermarket ratchet? I know my first radio was set up with the spring centering and actually came with the parts needed convert to a click-stop set up.
CORRECT....

Mike:

I ordered 1 additional receivers (R2106GF) mini's to put in boats that I won't use telemetry. I checked with the compatability listing for the T4GRS and found these. They are super small, perfect for my 21 hydros. I found that they are for ground type models and hope that they have sufficient range for boats. What are your thoughts? I don't want to lose a new boat that I have a ton of time in building.

On the spec sheet is says: Range = ParkFlyer does that mean that it won't have a lot of range???

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
FHSS is great, the best Futaba has done BUT.. to me its not worth the risk using a short range RX.

If it was me. I would use a full range RX.

Wish I had a better answer. (Some of the Futaba surface system are also short range, some of the car stuff)

Mike

FHSS is great, the best Futaba has done BUT.. to me its not worth the risk using a short range RX.

If it was me. I would use a full range RX.

Wish I had a better answer. (Some of the Futaba surface system are also short range, some of the car stuff)

Mike
Mike:

Do you think Tower or Great Planes would exchange them for the full range systems? If so, who should I contact?

Thanks,

Marty

Marty,

Hum.. I think they might.. not sure who.. start with product support and ask Adam or Jack.. They will get you going the right direction on this.

[email protected]

or

1-217-398-0007

Grim

Marty,

Hum.. I think they might.. not sure who.. start with product support and ask Adam or Jack.. They will get you going the right direction on this.

[email protected]

or

1-217-398-0007

Grim
For anyone buying one of these, you need to select the R2006GS Receiver to use in a boat (for extra models that you are NOT using telemetry). It has the correct range and the R2106GF doesn't have enough range and is designed for the cars. I was able to send back the 2106's and ordered the 2006's which should set me up correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back